IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge notice - parking eye

Options

Comments

• Danielleyil
    Danielleyil Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    They have rejected my appeal :(

This is what they have said...
    We are writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been unsuccessful and that you have now reached the end of our internal appeals procedure. This is because you have not provided sufficient evidence to show that you did not break the terms and conditions on the signage. We are fully compliant with British Parking Association regulations on signage, and confirm that there is adequate signage at this site that is visible, appropriately located, clear and legible.

I provided an attachment of a valid, paid ticket, how can they say this is not sufficient?

What should I do next?

Thank you

Danielle
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The reject nearly every appeal. The idea is to get a POPLA code and win there. You should have a code.

The Newbies thread covers all this and provides templates for winning POPLA appeals.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They have rejected my appeal :(

Why the sad face, that's what you wanted. Is it that you haven't read the NEWBIES thread and didn't realise this is two stages? We win at POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Danielleyil
    Options
    Ah ok, I have read the newbies thread but as the driver genuinely bought a ticket and paid for the parking thought they may have just cancelled it at the first stage.

Im so grateful for the help you guys are giving me on this stage and am hopeful that I can win the popla appeal.

On the newbies thread, third post reference to popla appeals, I couldn't seem to find a template for the circumstance that I'm in (driver paid for a ticket which we still have although one digit of the vehixle registration was mistyped), could you please guide me as to which template I should be using?

Thank you

Danielle
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 29 June 2017 at 1:33PM
    Options
    There's not a template for every circumstance. But even if there was for your particular issue, it would not win at POPLA.

You have to forget about 'what happened' as it's largely irrelevant now. If you appeal on the basis you typed 1 digit incorrectly, POPLA will likely dismiss your appeal on the basis that you failed to comply with the PPC's regulations.

You're visiting a completely different world to the one that you're used to. There's no sympathy, no fairness, no common-sense, because all of those would mean the PPC would cancel your ticket - and they'd earn nothing. They're wholly and totally in this for profit, not charity.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    On the newbies thread, third post reference to popla appeals, I couldn't seem to find a template for the circumstance that I'm in (driver paid for a ticket which we still have although one digit of the vehixle registration was mistyped), could you please guide me as to which template I should be using?

Danielle, you would lose at POPLA if you write that.
  • Danielleyil
    Options
    I assumed that due to a ticket being issued and therefore no loss of money, it would be a no brainier. However, as Umkomaas as stated - this is a completely different world to the one that I'm used to and one in which I know nothing about.

Therefore, please may I kindly ask for your help on this stage as whilst I now know what to not state - I have no idea what to write.

Thank you

Danielle
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You should cover most of the following points in your POPLA appeal:

- No keeper liability, including Notice to Keeper errors (PoFA 2012), if apparent
    - The operator has not shown that the individual who it is pursuing is in fact the driver who was liable for the charge
    - No Contract to manage parking
    - No Locus Standi
    - Signage
    - BPA Code of Practice breaches
    - Why Beavis doesn't apply in your parking event

You will find lengthy templates in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, which can be copied and pasted as the basis of your appeal.

Also, do a forum search (and change the 'Show Threads' default to 'Show Posts') and use the search term 'ParkingEye POPLA' and plagiarise chunks from recent POPLA appeals (last 3-4 months).

Put a copy of your draft up here for critique and fine tuning.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I assumed that due to a ticket being issued and therefore no loss of money, it would be a no brainier. However, as Umkomaas as stated - this is a completely different world to the one that I'm used to and one in which I know nothing about.

Therefore, please may I kindly ask for your help on this stage as whilst I now know what to not state - I have no idea what to write.

Thank you

Danielle

That's why I wrote the templates for people to use. :)
  • Danielleyil
    Options
    Good Afternon All,

I hav spent hours today ready and re reading so many threads trying to get my head around all the laws and regulations.

I have put together the my POPLA appeal and would appreciate any advice/guidance before I submit anything.

However, when I try to copy/paste or insert a drop box link I am not able to as a new user?

Thank you.

Danielle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family