PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 10 June 2017

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Miserable rainy weather here today which is a real shame as my neighbour was planning a summer bouncy castle party in the back garden for the girls. Not sure if you use them in the rain but no doubt they will have chaotic fun inside instead.

Usual weekend cleaning stuff here with a visit to mum somewhere squeezed in.

Food wise I had one of my freezer curries last night ...Yeah something out instead of something in :D Also made some proper spicy onions to go with the nan..loads left of course.

Thinking of digging something out to cook for mum as well this weekend really need to boost the paltry bits she buys once a week. She enjoyed the French Onion Soup so Im thinking something soup or casserole based ...I have a load of potatoes on the turn (just starting to sprout) so if anyone has any great ideas to use them that would be great (I have a fairly full freezer x2 and stock cupboards) the only thing I dont have really is creamy stuff. Ill make a couple of batches of scones too as she does like something for her pudding.

Anyway for me its the freezer again for some pizza I got from the Italian last week ...Saturday night with pizza and coleslaw :T Really trying to chip away at the contents of the freezer but I am beginning to think its a losing battle

Hope you all have a lovely day :A
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums and thanks NMLC for starting us off.

H/H sounds like you have caught the bug thats doing the rounds ,look after yourself first, the mopping can come when you feel better.

Karcher its sods law that get-up-in-the-morning-feeling :)

RedRuby your DD was very lucky and it could have been so much worse.definitely a safer car is called for.

silver-oldie ,we all have 'off' days but today is a new one, so hopefully it will be a brighter one for you

Gers there is nothing nicer than a 'pottering' day

I normally have Saturdays as my 'do what I want to do ' day but this morning I have promised to go to eldest DDs school as its their fete and I normally get some nice plants for the garden there. She works in a special needs school and every penny thats raised goes towards giving the children there extra bits that the local LEA don't provide for, its such a happy school and the children are lovely. One dear little girl came up to me and said 'Your Mrs Stagg's Mummy aren't you, she is really nice and I like her lots ' :) and went off to play on a local fire engine that the local chaps bring to the school for the kids to climb all over :):):)
    So although I don't normally go out on a Saturday I am looking forward to today :) plus the sun has just come out so hopefully they will get lots of visitors there.

T/A sounds like you have a busy day ahead :)

Mrs LW your garden sound lovely I always think folk with green fingers are brilliant I have a chap who comes to keep my garden tidy once a fortnight, as I can no longer do bending or digging, I used to grow lots of stuff but now manage to grow only herbs in pots in my conservatory. My neighbour gave me a smashing pot of coriander last week and its very bushy and I think it will be around for awhile :):):)

S/ribbons ,sounds like another busy bee with a full day ahead

Nelski I hope your weekend is good and you are looking after yourself

and <<hugs>> to anyone who is feeling down,sad or just cheesed off with life at the moment

Take care all and be safe

Cheers JackieO xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning, ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

A dull morning here, light levels very low. I am taking my neighbour to town this morning, she needs to go in for bread. OH will go over and sit with her husband for an hour whilst we go. They had a hospital appointment yesterday, left here at 9.30, arrived back at 3.30.......he was seen as soon as they got to hospital but had to wait for transport home. Thankfully they did get something to eat and drink whilst they were waiting. I took a bowl of strawberries over for them.

We had our discussion re OH driving, he has agreed to only drive one way if we are out and to do what either I or the GPS says without argument.....wonder how long that will last???? I do think he loosed concentration though at times, so will be having a word with the Dr. After all he is 84 in a week, he maybe should think about giving up. We will see.

No plans for the rest of the day, maybe should shove the dyson over the sitting room carpet and the kitchen mats, will see how I feel when I get back from town.

Ham and cheese fritatta with salad for supper tonight, OH will see if there are any more strawberries ready.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

It's a wet and miserable start here, washing will go on the pulley and airer, I'll leave the bedding until tomorrow.

Had a lovely night out at a colleague's retirement do, lovely food and great company. I even got a lift there and back.

Your DD had luck on her side yesterday RR.
    Glad you're feeling better nmlc.
    Happy pottering Gers!
    Your produce sounds lovely Mrs LW, so far I have 2 strawberries!

Must go and collect some pictures from the framers this morning and go and weed the little allotment later, hope the weather cheers up.

Hope you all have a good weekend and the poorlies and unwells are feeling better. Take care. XX
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 June 2017 at 9:28AM
    Options
    Morning everyone, thanks for the thread nmlc.

Oh Ruby your poor DD but like you say could have been a lot worse, certainly sounds like she needs a more reliable car.
    Holly funny you should say but my hay fever has been a lot worse this year, especially itchy eyes, would be interesting to know why.
    How exciting on the house MrsLW fingers crossed that's it's as good in RL x
    Ha, I did lol at the comment re a mousetrap for you ex boss FBO

Dry and bright here in EA, we are set for a nice day so can spend time in the garden. Picked up some geraniums and a couple of v pretty gerberas at the nursery yesterday so I want to plant up my summer pots. The water feature could do with a clean out as well but will need a hand with that as it's a heavy millstone type thing, other than that not much planned. Have a hankering for a Chinese today so will pick up a takeaway, nice and easy there.

Have a good day folks x
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning, it is damp and cold. We have our annual event for families who use our service today, some of it is outside so I'm hoping that the rain stays away. I'll be working at that from 12 to 5, plus travel. Finished a big piece of work yesterday so when I finish today, that will be it until Wednesday as I'm having a couple of days off.

silver-oldie, hope you have a better day. RR I'm glad your daughter is safe and FBO I caught a mouse overnight, a clean kill. That's 2 this week. I put out 2 traps, one with peanut butter and one with Nutella, today's mouse went for the Nutella but I don't know if theye have preferences or if it was just the nearer iyswim.

I really should think about getting ready but had a dreadful night with pollen, yes, me too, and cba so far.

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:
    It's pouring with rain here this morning.
    Dh not very well today and is sleeping at the moment, so I shall have a general tidy/ clean round later.
    Had S.O.S. call from elderly neighbour yesterday evening, so went round to find her very upset and distressed. It appears that she thinks her son is going to die very soon as she found an old envelope with birth, marriage and death certificates upstairs in a cupboard. (I know that her son had chemotherapy for cancer just before Christmas ) I tried to explain to her that nearly everyone has an envelope like that, for " just in case " and I stayed till she calmed down. Poor lady she sits in her house without the tv or radio on for company ( her choice as she has both ) and I think she's imagining all sorts :(. Sorry for the waffling but her daughter won't deal with her and I can't leave someone who is obviously hurting, whether things are real or not.
    Redruby glad your DD is ok, but scary eh ?
    NMLC good that you are feeling better
    Silver-oldie those down days are horrible and sometimes seem to come out of the blue. Hope you feel more you soon, take care of yourself.
    Nelski how about shepherds/cottage pie, both filling and nutritious if you put some veg in or with it.
    FBO many hugs, would a bear trap do ?
    DH has just woken up so will have a quick coffee and get cleaning !
    Hugs to all those who need/want one.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Very wet here today, DH was going to do some more hard labour on the allotment but decided to watch the rugby instead! Will do the outside jobs tomorrow :) I am currently patching my allotment jeans so they will be more decent next time I'm there :D

No need to go out today, so a NSD for me. Meal plan done before yesterdays shopping trip, so just a bit of fresh stuff to pick up later in the week from Aldi down the road, DH will get a low GI loaf from Lidl on Monday morning for his lunches, it seems to suit him and is really tasty.

Want to clean out the fridge & shuffle things around a bit, also got some ironing to do, a load of laundry to get dry & another to go in.

Hope LW has had a good holiday

Floss xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well. it's been a strange old day here. Heavy rain all morning, low cloud and low temperatures. I was cold enough to light the woodburner. Two hours later the rain dries up, the clouds lift and the sun comes out. Now I'm boiling hot with the fire blazing and the front door open!

The fire will burn down soon. I'm on the sofa reading. Didn't get much else done, it's all good intentions though.

:rotfl:
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    Well. it's been a strange old day here. Heavy rain all morning, low cloud and low temperatures. I was cold enough to light the woodburner. Two hours later the rain dries up, the clouds lift and the sun comes out. Now I'm boiling hot with the fire blazing and the front door open!

The fire will burn down soon. I'm on the sofa reading. Didn't get much else done, it's all good intentions though.

:rotfl:

Well judging by the huge (free) wood stash you have it's not as if you can't spare a few logs for a chilly/warm summers day :p
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family