IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Parking Control (Debt Recovery Plus), No Blue Badge

karldonteljameswoods
karldonteljameswoods Posts: 32 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
edited 9 June 2017 at 12:20PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Good Afternoon!

In February I recieved a parking ticket for parking in a disabled space without displaying a blue badge. My wife has recently undergone ankle fusion, and was being treated in a taylor special frame. (I tried to add a picture but as new member I'm not allowed.)
She had an assessment and had been awarded PIP payments, when we spoke to the local council, we were told that applying for a blue badge could take several months, we had collected the forms but hadn't made any progress on them.

Mobility was obviously an issue, and this was the first time she had walked, normally she had been using a wheel chair.

We appealed the ticket a couple of days after the ticket was issued and received nothing. This morning I received a letter from DRP saying that the next step is that they take me to court. When I called them, the guy at the end of the phone said that a judge will see it as an open and shut case, would never be able to rule in my favour, and likes to make an example of people like me who park in disabled spaces without a blue badge.

Can anyone advise on this at all please?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Why did you phone DRP ??

DRP ARE BLANTANT LIARS and the idiot who told you that is part of
    a scam company

Fancy saying that a judge will see it as an open and shut case ??

That guy should go back to his hole in the sewers, total rubbish, but that's DRP for you, stupid and liars

IGNORE DRP, NEVER TALK TO THEM AGAIN, NEVER PAY THEM
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 June 2017 at 7:17PM
    This morning I received a letter from DRP saying that the next step is that they take me to court.
    ...and you didn't Google that letter, first, and find it's a template everyone laughs at and ignores? Research things first, sniff out a scam and stop taking a silly threatogram letter chain seriously:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

Come back if UKPC try a small claim. We win them (read some threads about it!).
    the guy at the end of the phone said that a judge will see it as an open and shut case, would never be able to rule in my favour, and likes to make an example of people like me who park in disabled spaces without a blue badge.

Stop phoning either company. What did you expect a firm like that to say. He would say that, wouldn't he! Yet your wife as a passenger that day, is clearly a person who qualifies as a LAWFULLY protected person under the Equality Act 2010:
    recieved a parking ticket for parking in a disabled space without displaying a blue badge. My wife has recently undergone ankle fusion, and was being treated in a taylor special frame. She had an assessment and had been awarded PIP payments, when we spoke to the local council, we were told that applying for a blue badge could take several months, we had collected the forms but hadn't made any progress on them.

Mobility was obviously an issue, and this was the first time she had walked, normally she had been using a wheel chair.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for the information, so do I just ignore the letters and messages from DRP? I notice on another post that the person who received the parking notice was told to write to DRP and tell them to refer it back to UKPC. - Thanks
  • Don't worry. just read the other thread telling me to do nothing unless I get a court paper land on my doorstep! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure