IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK Car Park Management Please Help

Options
bigtel1977
bigtel1977 Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi, I know there is a sticky on here about all sorts but I think this is a little different and needs an answer to suit.

Right here goes, we have a car that is registered as disabled due to my parent needing it. 2 drivers have the use of the car to drive them around, the car is registered in my mums name.

My parents were on holiday last week and the driver parked on private land for 10mins while attending the opticians. Today my mum got a PCN in the post as she is the RK of the car..No ticket was issued on the car on the day and its the first she knew of it.

My questions are these,
    She can prove she was away abroad so wasn't in the car, she doesn't drive so couldn't have been the driver on said day. does she legally have to tell who was driving as she was away and wouldn't know..?
      What should she do next please..?

I know that its an "invoice" but she really don't want to pay it out of fear...If she genuinely has to then she will..but not because of fear of it going up to £100 (£60 if paid in 14days).

You hear so many stories she just doesn't know what to do.

Thanks,

Comments

• fisherjim
        fisherjim Posts: 6,035 Forumite
        Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
        Options
        No she doesn't have to disclose the driver's name, as the newbies thread tells you.
        In fact she has no idea who parked the car as she was abroad.

Sounds like an ANPR monitored car park to me.

You should edit your post as you are outing the driver, and these forums are read by "the enemy"!

The circumstances are not unique, follow the newbies thread process.
      • bigtel1977
        bigtel1977 Posts: 5 Forumite
        Options
        Thanks for the reply,

it must have been a person on foot as its a picture of the car from ground level from the rear only showing the number plate and rear of the car..

What would be the next step please...Should the RK (mum) just send an appeal saying she was out the country and doesn't know who was driving..she can prove she was abroad.

thanks
      • Redx
        Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
        First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
        Options
        bigtel1977 wrote: »
        Thanks for the reply,

it must have been a person on foot as its a picture of the car from ground level from the rear only showing the number plate and rear of the car..

What would be the next step please...Should the RK (mum) just send an appeal saying she was out the country and doesn't know who was driving..she can prove she was abroad.

thanks

no , because POFA2012 makes her liable if the PPC followed POFA2012 , which is a law that came in during october 2012 , so being out of the country and not being the driver may well fail miserably

the keeper should follow the advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread near the top of this forum and use the correct template to the PPC

not reading the NEWBIES thread is causing you to ask questions that dont need asking , its all in that newbies sticky thread, which is why it is there (and yes its up to date)

its the best free advice you can find anywhere on the net or in this country so its not an "of sorts" at all , its "the bible"
      • Coupon-mad
        Coupon-mad Posts: 131,690 Forumite
        Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
        Options
        If you read the newbies thread near the top of the forum (as you are politely asked to before starting a thread) you will find exactly what to do.
        PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
        CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
        Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
      This discussion has been closed.
      Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
      • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
      • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
      • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
      • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
      • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
      • 173.1K Life & Family
      • 247.9K Travel & Transport
      • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure