First class mail request after purchase

Options
I'm selling some clothes on ebay, listed as despatch within 2 working days and 3-5 working days delivery time, Hermes.

Someone purchased an item of clothing late this afternoon, then informed me she needs it to wear next Wed, so could I send it by First Class mail tomorrow.

I emailed back what the extra charge would be but got no response. The buyer has only a dozen feedback and I don't want her inexperience to lead to a neg for me.

I don't mind posting on a Saturday morning. Otherwise, Hermes does a weekend pick-up from my local store but she's unlikey to receive it by Wed.

What to do?

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've done all you can. They asked, you responded, they ignored.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    Options
    Buyer was likely wanting to wear for an event, then would open a case to try for a refund
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When I drop My Hermes parcels Friday night at my local shop. 99% of the time they are delivered on Monday after being picked up Saturday afternoon.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    By the way I'd just drop them off this morning. If the buyer has any problem with you not fulfilling their request for 1st class. You can just point out that there was no response to your request for extra payment and you wanted to send it as quick as possible to make sure it got there in time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure