PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Advice

Options
Need some advice about going for a mortgage, we have spoken to a broker who has tried to do an application for a mortgage with Halifax and unfortunately we have been knocked back, my husbands credit file is really good no missed payments etc for over 6 years, i have a couple of late payments on mine from when i was off work on maternity, payments were always made but there was a a couple of months i made a late payment to the same company, i am now back at work full time as is my husband. Both of our overall credit scores are way above average, can anyone advise the best mortgage company to try?
:)

Comments

• elverson
    elverson Posts: 808 Forumite
    Options
    Credit scores don't mean anything on their own.

What was your LTV%?
  • Yellie05
    Yellie05 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    95%, we have around 7K saved and the houses we are looking at are around the 125K-130K mark
  • Yellie05
    Options
    He has said halifax knocked us back because of my late payments? can this be challenged? The payments were made probably about a week late for both (Both payments to Very)
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    On which version(s) of your credit file(s) do these appear?

There may be mileage in using a lender which sources data only from the CRA which shows you in the best light.

Presumably, you and your broker have obtained all three versions by now, Experian, Equifax and Call Credit?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Find out if it is the late payment combined with you wanting to borrow 95%.
  • Yellie05
    Options
    kingstreet wrote: »
    On which version(s) of your credit file(s) do these appear?

There may be mileage in using a lender which sources data only from the CRA which shows you in the best light.

Presumably, you and your broker have obtained all three versions by now, Experian, Equifax and Call Credit?

they appear on Equifax and experian, havent heard of call credit

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family