Nationwide FlexDirect + Flexclusive Regular Saver

Options
Hi, I saw that Nationwide FlexDirect account pays 5% on £2,500.
But it looks like this account is also eligible forthe Flexclusive Regular Saver that pays 5% on £500 monthly contribution.
This looks like a very decent deal to earn good interest on £8,500. Anything I am overlooking?

Comments

• TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 May 2017 at 11:40PM
    Options
    Obviously, you'll only be earning interest on the full £8.5k or perhaps £9k (you can make a thirteenth payment to the Flexclusive regular saver) for a short time.

Other than that I think it's the best Current Account/Regular Saver combo available.

You might enhance your return by getting a referral for switching to the FlexDirect account and earning a further £100.
  • the_learner
    the_learner Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks, so my understanding is correct that the 2 can be combined. It is actually a good deal for 1y. Not sure why it is not advertised on this website, cause I only found a reference to the regular saver account but not to the fact that it can be combined with a high interest current account like FlexDirect paying 5% on £2,500.
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, so my understanding is correct that the 2 can be combined. It is actually a good deal for 1y. Not sure why it is not advertised on this website, cause I only found a reference to the regular saver account but not to the fact that it can be combined with a high interest current account like FlexDirect paying 5% on £2,500.

It features half way down the best bank accounts page:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It is actually a good deal for 1y. Not sure why it is not advertised on this website
    As above it is, but the fact the FlexDirect 5% rate is only available for a year is a significant negative, especially in the light of their rule that you have to wait another year after that before getting access to 5% on a current account again.
  • the_learner
    the_learner Posts: 183 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see but hopefully I can alternate with other accounts in the meantime?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure