Help! Ebay seller not replying!!

Options
Can anyone help me? I bought running shoes on ebay for £84.99. They hadn't arrived by the time I went on holiday - a week after the predicted date - and I warned the seller I wouldn't be able to accept the signed for package after a certain date. they arrived when I was away for 2 weeks and so they were returned by Royal Mail as I didn't collect them in time. Since then I have been repeatedly contacting the sender for a refund, but they don't reply. It's been 6 weeks now and I don't know what to do, I can't find any help on eBay's web site. It's a lot of money to lose!!! Please help if you can. Many thanks

Comments

• bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just start a Paypal claim. It's the easiest thing in the world to start an Ebay resolution centre claim or a Paypal claim, look harder.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,261 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    Just start a Paypal claim. It's the easiest thing in the world to start an Ebay resolution centre claim or a Paypal claim, look harder.

Too late for an ebay claim but a paypal one will work .

If OP ever comes back it might be worth asking for this to be moved to the ebay board.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • SouthUKMan
    SouthUKMan Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    As someone who has been 'conned' by an eBay buyer starting a PayPal claim - I can indeed confirm that it is the easiest way to instigate getting your money back! In my case the buyer claimed the goods never arrived and got his money back via PayPal. Thankfully for me it was only a tenner or so. Be careful though - if you had one of those red 'sorry we missed you' cards', Royal Mail keep items for 18 calendar days. This could be used against you if you get your dates muddled.
  • chats42
    chats42 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I didn't pay by PayPal, it was a credit card, doesn't ebay have a responsibility to help me? Thanks
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    chats42 wrote: »
    I didn't pay by PayPal,

Are you sure? You may have used your CC in their Paypal page.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't pay by PayPal, it was a credit card, doesn't ebay have a responsibility to help me? Thanks

Only for 30 days from the latest or actual delivery.

As above, are you sure you paid by credit card or did you pay by guest account using your credit card on Paypal?
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    On the off chance you did actually phone them up and give them your credit card details then you can still do a chargeback.

S75 is out because it's under £100 but you can still phone them up and ask to do a charge back.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    SouthUKMan wrote: »
    As someone who has been 'conned' by an eBay buyer starting a PayPal claim - I can indeed confirm that it is the easiest way to instigate getting your money back! In my case the buyer claimed the goods never arrived and got his money back via PayPal. Thankfully for me it was only a tenner or so. Be careful though - if you had one of those red 'sorry we missed you' cards', Royal Mail keep items for 18 calendar days. This could be used against you if you get your dates muddled.

If you send tracked then problem solved.

Not exactly a comparable situation though since the seller will now be receiving the parcel back
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    Credit Card Payments go through paypal as a guest account, so call Paypal as the transaction will not be in your paypal account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure