Using Wugfish to fix a soft bricked Nexus 7 2013 question?

Options
Hi folks,

I know that a few people on here have used the Wugfish toolkit to flash android phones, Thanks for telling me about Wugfish toolkit.
my Nexus 7 is stuck on google logo at startup, can load bootloader but can't get into recovery mode, hence the need to take a chance and flash it.

Have tried a few tech fixers, three in all but they can't help.

Going to try Wugfish toolkit, and have a question.

Windows 7 sees the nexus as an android device, but it seems that I have to have ADB drivers inatalled according to Wugfish.

I have tried manual install everything but still Wugfish can't see the nexus as an ADB device.

So my question is even though windows 7 can install drivers and sees the nexus as an android device, is there any point in trying to flash it if Wugfish can 't see the ADB drivers installed?

I know the answer is probably no, but any help in getting over this error would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    It probably didn't have USB debugging turned on when it bricked so it isn't recognised as an ADB device.

I'm not at all sure that there is any way around that. Wugfresh is good for sorting out issues where you've bricked the thing with a failed ROM install etc. but under those circumstances you would have USB debugging on already. I'm pretty much sure you'll get nowhere without it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure