TSB plus account

Options
I opened an account end of April, then on 3rd of May got an email saying if I use contactless payments on my debit card I would get 5% cash back up to £100 per month till September.
I got another email yesterday headed OOPS which read,

Recently we sent you an email saying we’d pay you up to £5 cashback on your first £100 of contactless spending.

We’re sorry, but we sent you this email by mistake. We hope it didn’t cause too much confusion. Your Classic Plus account hasn’t been affected and we’ve fixed the issue at our end.

Have they got to honour this, or honour it for at least 1 month, it's like someone offering you a money off voucher and saying it was sent by mistake.

Comments

• phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have they got to honour this, or honour it for at least 1 month, it's like someone offering you a money off voucher and saying it was sent by mistake.

It wasn't part of the offer they made when you signed up, so I'm not sure you could enforce it. If they honoured it for a month then it's only worth £5. So you could raise a complaint and they might offer some money as an apology.

It looks like they sent out an old email. The current deal is if you use your debit card 20 times then you get £5.
  • Granville23
    Granville23 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thank for your reply. Yes that makes sense that it was an old offer and they have sent me that by mistake, bit annoying though as got geared up for using the card contactless
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    phillw wrote: »
    It wasn't part of the offer they made when you signed up, so I'm not sure you could enforce it. If they honoured it for a month then it's only worth £5. So you could raise a complaint and they might offer some money as an apology.

It looks like they sent out an old email. The current deal is if you use your debit card 20 times then you get £5.
    Also, £5 for having two direct debits,which is a better offer than the contactless offer,as I'm finding. Very, very often all three cards at once require a PIN, meaning no cashback.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Also, £5 for having two direct debits,which is a better offer than the contactless offer,as I'm finding. Very, very often all three cards at once require a PIN, meaning no cashback.

I always used my phone for the TSB contactless offer and you never have to enter a pin, so cashback every time!.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    I always used my phone for the TSB contactless offer and you never have to enter a pin, so cashback every time!.

I only have an old style basic phone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport