Vet Bills :(

Options
Monday our new pup had an accident and fell off the sofa hurting her leg, we haven't insured her regardless you can't make a claim in the 1st 14 days anyway.... but in terrified the costs are gonna get bigger and bigger incase we have to go for X-rays, up to now she's on pain relief

What do I do? If I get a credit card Im worried interest rates be ridiculous and I might get myself into a deeper mess

Comments

• Livelongandprosper
    Options
    Did your pup not come with free 6 week insurance ? Most breeders put this in place

However I wouldn't worry about vet bills yet. Puppies are like children, quite bouncy and flexible. Pain relief and rest is possibly as far as it will go

However it really is important to get insurance ASAP if you don't have the luxury of savings or a credit card which you can afford

I'm sure pup will be fine
  • BatchedMetting
    Options
    Look for a credit card with 0% on purchases for X months.

I think Tesco offer that.

Failing that, pay the bill from a bank account then look for a credit card with 0% on money transfers.
  • Mosher_rule
    Options
    Unfortunately not there's a bit of a rescue story behind her, we never got her from the breeder... we are at the vets tomorrow for a follow up, and we have to see what they say.... at the moment she's resting with a heat pad in her little bed
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Doesn't the rescue centre not give you starter insurance
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Shakin_Steve
    Shakin_Steve Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Drip, drip, drip......I wish people would just state the pertinent facts in the first post. It would save a hell of a lot of Q&A.
    I came into this world with nothing and I've got most of it left.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Some years ago we had a cat who broke its leg 3 times the vet put it in plaster as she kept getting it off, anyway £300 later and another vet who told us "just leave it, it will heal anyway " grrrrr
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    I suppose there is always the PDSA if you feel you are not in a position to pay the bills.

When our cat had to be put down, I paid by CC. Somehow I felt that whilst the debt was still there, the cat wasn't quite dead.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options

When our cat had to be put down, I paid by CC. Somehow I felt that whilst the debt was still there, the cat wasn't quite dead.

I'm so sorry for laughing.

And also for thinking you could make a S75 claim against the vet if she'd lived.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I suppose there is always the PDSA if you feel you are not in a position to pay the bills.

Nice story Erwin.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport