DIY kitchens

Options
DIY kitchens had a 10% offer a couple of weeks ago that was due to end last week.

It was then extended into this week and is due to end on Friday.

Has anyone been monitoring their website for longer, and if so do you know if the 10% sale is a permanent one? Is it likely to be extended beyond Friday?

Comments

• lg13mza
    lg13mza Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It isn't a permanent one as we bought this time last year and managed to take advantage of it. When we needed to go back and order a few extra bits in june the sale wasn't on. I can't comment on how long it lasts though.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yes, they seem to have a 10% off sale every few months.

We were very lucky a couple of years ago as they had 10% off everything including worktops and appliances, but I haven't seen them do that again. Now they just have 10% off the kitchen units.
  • Annie1960
    Annie1960 Posts: 3,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK, I'd better make my mind up by Friday, then.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Annie1960 wrote: »
    OK, I'd better make my mind up by Friday, then.

It might be worth asking them if you can place a preliminary order by Friday and then see if they will give you a few days to amend it and still get the 10% off.

From memory, there was a window when you could amend orders but I might be wrong as it was a few years ago when I ordered from them.
  • tlj7
    tlj7 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    We bought from them in their January sale and are thrilled with the quality and service we received. Luckily we live near to their showroom so visited several times before committing. We asked about sales and when they were and they were very candid about everything. I would ring and ask as I think you will get a straight, non sales response. Hope you enjoy your new kitchen!
  • Annie1960
    Options
    I spoke to them yesterday to finalise my choices.

Although their wall units are 300 mm as standard, I had an option from the high street sheds for a deeper one, and DIY said they could make me a 400 mm deep one for the same price. I wouldn't have known this if I hadn't asked.

Also, they are going to 'dry assemble' the unit that will go around the boiler, in case the fitter needs to adjust it. Ditto with the tall unit where I want to keep mop, ironing board etc so the shelf can be moved to the right height. the rest will come fully assembled, including doors and drawers.
  • Annie1960
    Options
    The kitchen arrived on Saturday, and fitters checked it today and started fitting.

I have a few points that might be useful to others considering buying from diy-kitchens.

1. Ring them up and talk them through your plan when you think you are ready to order. Their customer service was exceptional. As I mentioned above, they recommended dry-assembling the cupboard around the boiler and the broom cupboard so I could change the position of the fixed shelf to get my ironing board in.

2. In post 7 above, I said they would make the wall cabinets deeper at the same price. in fact, they contacted me to say there was an extra cost (about £18 if I recall correctly) for each one, but well worth it.

3. When the fitters unpacked, there was a box with feet and other other small parts, which also contained a packet of biscuits and tea bags. This went down well with the fitters.

4. The fitters are impressed with the quality of the units and how quick it is to put together.

5. I am also very pleased. They have a very wide range of cabinet widths, and I got the design I wanted which I could not get elsewhere. I have a 500 mm pan drawer unit between two 800 mm pan drawer units, and all the drawers line up. I could not get this with either Howdens or Homebase.

6. Just as the delivery drivers were leaving, I realised that one item was missing. It was a radius end to give me a rounded corner near the door. They checked the order and so did I and it seemed I had missed it off. I rang DIY kitchens immediately and they were great. They despatched it by courier free of delivery charges, and it arrived today.

7. I then rang back to order my quartz worktop through them, and they gave me advice about the profile that would suit my handleless doors. I would never have known this. without their advice, and neither Howdens nor Homebase advised me that the shark profile is the best one to use with handleless doors.

It's not fully fitted yet, and I expect it to take a few weeks to get the worktop, but I'm delighted with it so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure