IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

The Harm They Do

Options
The_Deep
The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
edited 29 April 2017 at 9:14AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I am currently dealing with a PCN issued to my son-in-law for not parking in a marked bay in a station car park.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Despite having months ago appealed in a timely manner, I have yet to receive either a cancellation or Popla code. I have however received a window ticket, a NTK/O, two threatening letters from DRP, and one from Zenith.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I have of course been sending my own threats, to the BPA, DVLA, ICO, Trading Standards, my M.P., the Chief Legal Officer at God's Wonderful Railway, and my Uncle Cobley. My plan now is to send the PPC a couple of invoices, (lots of red ink), for my time spent dealing with their ludicrous demand, and finally an LBA. That should attract their attention, and may cause them to spend some money. They have chosen the wrong marine's father-in-law[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]However, the point of this post is that now my daughter, a highly paid Law graduate, is beginning to worry about their threats. She does not have the time to read up on POFA, Contract Law, the DPA, etc. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]If she falls for their lies, what chance do Mr. and Mrs. Average, struggling to keep their heads above water, have? What chance does the man visiting his sick child in Hospital have? What chance does the now no longer acute as she was OAP with a Motability Micra have? [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]How many young people, perhaps already tortured by internet bullying, will commit suicide, or self-harm, partly because they entered an “O” instead of an “0” in a clapped out P&D machine, and the PPC now want £100 because of this anti-social behaviour.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I am pretty relaxed about most retail scams, Brighthouse, Wonga, 419s, sell your gold for a pittance shops, a lot target the greedy the lazy, and the stupid. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]If kids want to pay £150 for a pair of Kanye West trainers which cost Nike about a tenner to make in a Bangladesh firetrap factory by ten year olds earning 50p a day, good luck to them, that's globalisation, caveat emptor say I, but my daughter's misgivings about fighting the PPC scammers brought it home to me just how insidious these companies are.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Once the election is over, and we have a huge number of eager young M.P.s, I urge everyone to write to their Honourable Member asking him/her to put right the wrong their predecessors did when they enacted keeper liability in 2012. At least, with the clampers, you did not get hauled in front of a judge.[/FONT]
You never know how far you can go until you go too far.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mrs May and others have been aware of this situation for some time , regarding the credit clamping situation , she said that things were ALREADY being looked into back in september 2016

actually they (the goverment) are doing very nicely with private parking , nicely enough to realise the extra money they could extract from the general public by increasing the cost of a "setaside" m, by a good old chunk

not exactly one of the things that you can go without (beer , cigs etc) is it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bl@@dy good post, The Deep. The harm they do to old people and Hospital patients - and the sheer greed and malicious bullying of this industry which has no consumer customers and no reason to play fairly - drives me on.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • freester
    freester Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]However, the point of this post is that now my daughter, a highly paid Law graduate, is beginning to worry about their threats. She does not have the time to read up on POFA, Contract Law, the DPA, etc. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]If she falls for their lies, what chance do Mr. and Mrs. Average, struggling to keep their heads above water, have? What chance does the man visiting his sick child in Hospital have? What chance does the now no longer acute as she was OAP with a Motability Micra have? [/FONT]

:T Nail. Head.

I will write to my Right Honourable Member and the next PM once the election is sorted.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    My MP (who is very likely to continue to be so) is too busy f---ing up the National Health Service to give a stuff about this particular scam.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My MP (who is very likely to continue to be so) is too busy f---ing up the National Health Service to give a stuff about this particular scam.

Assume you mean HUNT, the nodding dog at PMQ's ?

IF she wins, let's hope she sacks him, totally useless man
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 30 April 2017 at 10:22AM
    Options
    I have never seen my MP, Alok Sharma, ask a question at PMQs. However, a few years ago the Council wanted to increase parking charges in our village and he was very active in canvassing against it, and won. I am hoping therefore that he will be willing to support action against PPCs.

It is probably too late now but after the election I shall lobby him.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure