IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal CCJ Letter

Hi
I received a CCJ letter from Northampton County regarding a PCN dating 2014. I completed and returned the dispute form and yesterday I received a letter confirming they want to continue with the claim and a Notice of Proposed Allocation to the Small Claims Track from County Court.

Background story of the incident.

I parked in a shopping mall to pick up an item. I parked 2 meters away from the pay machine, I approached the machine to pay and realized it was out of order as it had a black bin liner over it and was taped so I went to collect the clothing I ordered which took me 16 mins (according to the time stated on the Excel Parking PCN along with couple of pictures of my vehicle and reg which came through my post couple of weeks after the incident). I responded back by writing a letter to the return address explaining the above situation and requested they sent a zoomed out picture or video footage as this will confirm the pay machine was out of order and I approached the pay machine. They didn't bother responding to my query instead they kept sending me more penalty letter and threats. I came to this site and read alot of people were ignoring their letter so I did the same as I was upset they didn't respond to mine.

I moved house shortly after then and I didn't get anything for around 1 year 1/2 then I got a letter from BW Legal few months ago regarding the PCN with a bill of £240 ish and I didn't bother responding to them either until couple of weeks ago I got a CCJ and I been really worried since.

I'm a bit confused to what I should do next, any suggestion or help to avoid this idiots would be appreciated. I genuinely believe this is not my fault. Is there anyway to obtain zoomed out pictures of the area (would Excel Parking have these pictures).

Comments

• Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    You moved house without informing the court ?
    You were summonsed at the last know address and failed to appear.
    You have a County Court Judgment.

Very little you can do other than pay it or await bailiffs if they decide to seek enforcement action .

This forum does play down CCJ's somewhat, they can be life wrecking matters.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • No, I moved house long before the CCJ, I only got the CCJ couple of weeks ago and filled the dispute form informing the above incident.
  • Now I have been sent another form (Small Claims Track)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Just to be clear by ccj letter do you mean a claim form? Dispute form I'm guessing is the intention to defend the claim?

Post 2 of the Newbies thread found here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

deals with the claim process in detail.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    jay_007 wrote: »
    No, I moved house long before the CCJ, I only got the CCJ couple of weeks ago and filled the dispute form informing the above incident.

Do you mean you filled in the defence box? What EXACTLY did you put (you kept a copy?).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sorry what I meant was I filled the defence (not dispute) form to dispute their claim. On the form I described the situation as above. Didnt add anytime more.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That's what I didn't want to hear. What EXACT wording was the 'defence'? Oh dear.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure