Magazine Subscriptions

Options
Evening everyone. I'm new to this forum and new to this website, but I have a problem that I need to deal with and I'm hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction.

18 months or so ago I took out a subscription with Eaglemoss for the 3D printer - collect in weekly instalments.

I kept up with all of the payments and received all of the issues except for one that I had to complain about. I started building the printer but had to stop when I got to the missing issue. However, I got to the point where I could at least test the connection with my laptop. I've made sure that I had the minimum software requirements, and I followed all the instructions to install the printer software. It did not work. After several attempts I contacted their helpdesk.

I have now been going round in circles with them for several weeks and I am no further forward. I want to understand what my rights are. I feel that they have broken a contract in that I have paid them money in the form of subscriptions, and they would send me a printer in parts that when put together as per the instructions were work. I feel that they have not kept up their side of the contract.

Can someone point me in the direction of a website where I can get further information on what my rights are and what legal action, if any, I can take?

Comments

• daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    May I inquire as to what issue number you are missing?
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What we really need to know is, is everyone having this problem or just you? You rights depend on more than just you not being able to get it to work.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would think that your rights are as per any other item you purchase. If it does not work, you are entitled to return it for a full refund. No different to a self-assembly item of furniture in that regards.

However, it does sound like a software issue you're having. If so, that may be slightly trickier to handle. Can the software be installed on a different PC? Is there any sort of user or support forum where you can see if other people are having the same problems?
  • daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    bris wrote: »
    What we really need to know is, is everyone having this problem or just you? You rights depend on more than just you not being able to get it to work.

We also need to know whether or not OP is waiting on, and has paid extra for, an issue which incurs a premium charge as advertised on the website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure