BT complaints and compensation.

Options
My father, 93 years young, moved from SKY to BT last December 2016. the main reason was for BT sports; he likes football and rarely leaves the house.
On April 8th, BT cut him off from BT sports; and late on April 11th he lost his telephone line and broadband. The line is very important for his emergency alarm system since he lives alone. BT sent an email to him late on 11th April saying GOODBYE. He tried calling to get the sports reconnected on April 8th. He is not very tech savvy and from what he told me, BT basically talked down to him because of this.
Since I have POA for him I tried to get things sorted out. I was told a "data integrity" issue had occurred when his original order had been placed. An internal issue for BT surely!
After several calls, and a lot of time BT have now reinstated the line. They have also sent emails and paperwork indicating a brand new installation! The funny thing is that the order number is identical to the original one from last year. The line was reinstated quickly because of its necessity. However, BT have just called me to say that they need access to my dads home and the earliest they can reconnect the broadband is next Tuesday; after Easter. So that means no BT Sports or BT TV for my dad until, well, I don't know because BT will not commit since Openreach is in charge of the reconnection. This is the same broadband which was working on the 11th April when I last visited my dad and just prior to him being totally cut off from all services. How BT cannot get this sorted out immediately is beyond me considering they can cut one off at the drop of a hat.
So it would seem that if BT make an internal blunder the customer gets punished. The BT motto must be the customer comes last!!
My dad wants to stay with BT because of the football otherwise I would have helped him go back to SKY or Virgin.
Anyway after all that does anyone know the best way to put in a Complaint to BT and demand some kind of compensation from them? It would seem from other threads and various blogs that Libby Barr is uncontactable; unless someone knows better?
thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 April 2017 at 3:14PM
    Options
    Demand via a lawyer .
    Complaint via his BT account help pages contact us .

https://www.bt.com/help/home/
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Buy a handful of BT shares - they are dirt cheap at the moment - and then complain to CEO's Office as a BT shareholder, who is willing to attend and speak at the AGM if necessary.

This willl normally get some backsides in gear.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport