Given not working?

Has anyone else had problems with gixen not placing bids?

Comments

• GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Not personally (it has always worked for me), but you might be better off asking in the Gixen support forum:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/index.php
    Philip
  • goodfella66
    goodfella66 Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    This usually occurs when you have been accessing Ebay from various locations and then, for a short while, Ebay start asking for extra details (capthca etc) when logging in. which Gixen can't bypass. Usually rights itself.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 April 2017 at 11:17AM
    I have been using Gixen for almost four months by now after Goofbid start asking me to upgrade my account to premium paying £2.99 a month. My personal experience, The accuracy is as good as Goofbid.

People in here are also saying the same thing.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5591097&highlight=goofbid

IMO, the only drawback with Gixen I could see is that they do not include the picture of the eBay items. So if you bid "a lot of similar items" you will not know which one is that unless you want to invest time to browse the item one by one. Hopefully they will include this feature sometimes in the future.
  • GabbaGabbaHey
    GabbaGabbaHey Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    adindas wrote: »
    IMO, the only drawback with Gixen I could see is that they do not include the picture of the eBay items.
    I have a mirror subscription with Gixen (it only costs US$6 a year) and it shows me thumbnail pictures for all my snipes in the web interface (the Windows client, Gixen Desktop Manager, admittedly doesn't show pictures).
    Philip
  • I've tried it 3 times and it has failed to bid 3 times so I'll stick to the old bid on it live routine I'm used to doing.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've tried it 3 times and it has failed to bid 3 times so I'll stick to the old bid on it live routine I'm used to doing.

And the old bit routine is ....
    Did you observe the reason for failed bid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family