Halifax Mortgage: not being reported?

Hi All,

Can anyone shed any light as to why my Halifax mortgage is not being reported to the credit reference agencies.

I am 23 years into a 25 year mortgage and hope to move home with a new mortgage ( adverse credit/ bad credit history in the fairly recent past).
I have been using check my file on and off for a few years but no record of my mortgage is on the file. I thought it had been on there a few years ago but can't be sure.

Why have they not reported it and the payments being made? How might this affect my new application to another lender?

Thanks for any advice.

Andy

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    A lender isn't required to report to credit reference agencies, its voluntary so for whatever reason yours just hasn't gone on.

It not being on there won't make much difference TBH because you can prove payments with your annual mortgage statements and adverse and bad credit history is likely to have done any damage on its own and the fact you've not missed any mortgage repayments isn't going to alter the fact that affordability may be an issue.
  • KoshB5
    KoshB5 Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Check with Halifax, your account may (because of its age) be non consented so won't be reported. A variation on an address can also mean an account isn't being matched to you, this can also occur if the account was under a different name e.g. maiden name and an alias link hasn't been created.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Twenty-odd years ago (as KoshB5 suggested) lenders didn't ask their borrowers to agree to their account being visible on a credit search, so yours may not appear for that reason.

Get a copy of your Experian statutory file as it may be on there.

You do realise Check My File doesn't list Experian-only agreements, don't you?
    18. The information we provide may not be identical to that which can be obtained elsewhere. For example, we do not provide account information from Experian, although we do provide Experian's version of the Electoral Rolls/Registers, persons linked to you on the Experian database, Experian's record of insolvencies including bankruptcy, sequestration, IVA records, Trust Deeds, and similar, together with Experian-sourced court records including High Court Judgments and County Court Judgments, including the court, plaint number and status of such judgments, and whether settled or not.

https://www.checkmyfile.com/terms.htm
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure