What blinds for a 3 panel bay window?

Options
We are due to have a bay window fitted next month, with 3 sections and are after blinds for it. We have wooden venetian blinds in rest of the house and want something similar, but dont want a single ventian on the bay window as it will prevent us using the larger window sill inside.
What options do we have please? 3 smaller venetians would look nice from outside but be a pain to close and the corners of every slat would hit one another?

Any suggestions please?

Comments

• Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We have a square bay window and have roman blinds. They're out of the way when fully up, and are thin enough to tuck behind the bits and bobs on the windowsill when fully lowered. You can get them in thin wooden slats, which should blend in with your wooden venetians, or any number of fabrics if you want a contrast.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    3 wooden venetians will work absolutely fine
  • ComicGeek
    ComicGeek Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    We've had 3 wooden Venetians in our bay windows, and have been fine - these are angled bays rather than a rectangular bay. I wouldn't want to measure and fit myself, we had a blind company measure, make and fit them so they would fit perfectly. No big deal opening/closing all 3.

Have now replaced them with shutters, and they look much better - made the previous Venetians look so cheap and flimsy. A lot cheaper to do than I thought, so maybe worth considering shutters.
  • burnsguitarman
    burnsguitarman Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 March 2017 at 2:11PM
    Options
    Have you seen "perfect fit blinds" they actually fit into the frame itself. I think I have seen them in a wood finish. They take up no room at all. We have some similar on the french doors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure