IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones and CPM - Nearly 4 figure sum

Hello All,

I received one of those “You have previously been written by DRP on behalf of CPM” letters with the Gladstone’s letterhead (received a week after stated postage date) that are all over this forum. The only difference from those I’ve seen is that the amount they’re asking for is nearly 4 figures!!!

First off sorry for another one of these posts, but I’ve been scouring the forum for a few days and can’t find an answer to my query.

My dear brother accumulated these in an overcrowded residential underground carpark in west London and disposed of all subsequent correspondence, presumably so I wouldn’t see them. Now I have no idea what this damn number represents. As it's too late for any appeals, what I want is some kind of breakdown of this cost, especially as I’m scared there may be others.

[FONT=&quot]I was going to call up the DRP number supplied but from reading the forum I understand that is a big NO NO so I’ll refrain from doing so. Is there anything else I can do to get to the bottom of this?

I Thank you guys kindly in advance[/FONT]

Comments

• [FONT=&quot]Also at this stage I’m sure the LBC is inevitable due to the amount in question, until then I shall start scouring some more and working on an iron clad defence but is there nothing more I can do now? I know from other post and the newbie thread that the best thing to do is just ignore the debt collectors at this stage, even if they’re using the Gladstone’s letterhead, but just sitting on an amount this large is making my skin crawl.

Once again thanks in advance
    [/FONT]
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    At this apparent late stage only a landowner cancellation is likely to kill this.

To whom does the letter require a response - DRP, Gladstones or CPM? If it's either of the latter two, treat as a LBCCC.

Who has any residential rights in the car park? What does the respective deeds/lease/AST Agreement say about parking there?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks for the quick response

The letter asks for a response to DRP:

"As all other attempts have failed our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you. To prevent such action we invite you to make payment to DRP immediately..."

So I presume that is not a LBCCC. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll have a read over the lease to see what it says in that respect.

The car park is for residents of the block above that have purchased a space with a few bays that have never been assigned.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    seems to be a DRP letter which can be ignored

check the BMPA zendesk for comparisons
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Did you read the Prankster's summary of residential car parks, showing the case law you will need to be familiar with?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

We will help you defend the inevitable claim; free advice from here with our usual sort of defence and robust Witness Statement, plus an informed defendant at the hearing, sees off Gladstones 99% of the time. The success rate on here and pepipoo is far higher than you will find anywhere for these defences, and it's free. We want you to win this and you can.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure