IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Charge notice received

Options
Hi, I've read all the advice on offer here but need clarification as I can't see exactly what I should do...

I parked in what I thought was a normal car park (I've parked there before) and sent my daughter to get a ticket, she came back saying the ticket machine was broken, I wrote a note with my mobile number on offering to pay if they called me as there has been a caretaker on site previously who I'd paid. my daughter then took a photo of the machine saying "out of order". I received no contact but then a charge notice from high view parking in the post. I've looked them up online and they seem to be big business? I've now received a charge notice reminder... help/advice/ therapy much appreciated
Vicky

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I've read all the advice on offer here but need clarification as I can't see exactly what I should do...

I parked in what I thought was a normal car park (I've parked there before) and sent my daughter to get a ticket, she came back saying the ticket machine was broken, I wrote a note with my mobile number on offering to pay if they called me as there has been a caretaker on site previously who I'd paid. my daughter then took a photo of the machine saying "out of order". I received no contact but then a charge notice from high view parking in the post. I've looked them up online and they seem to be big business? I've now received a charge notice reminder... help/advice/ therapy much appreciated
    Vicky

The bit in bold isn't true is it?

You need to go back to basics and read the NEWBIES sticky thread at the top of the parking board. This tells you step by step what you need to know to take this through the various appeals processes.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2017 at 1:08PM
    Options

The driver parked in a normal car park and sent my daughter to get a ticket, she came back saying the ticket machine was broken. Driver wrote a note offering to pay if they called me as there has been a caretaker on site previously.

My daughter then took a photo of the machine saying "out of order".

I received no contact but then a charge notice from high view parking in the post. I've looked them up online and they seem to be big business? I've now received a charge notice reminder... help/advice/ therapy much appreciated
    Vicky

Have you found the NEWBIES PLEASE READ THIS FIRST thread now, and used the template appeal?

YOU MUST appeal this as per our template, NOT saying who was driving.

Highview are very, very easy to beat at 2nd stage POPLA as long as you do not appeal as 'driver' so no weak appeal talking about the story of what happened. You could add a line saying that the passenger took a photo of the machine which was "out of order". BUT don't ruin the appeal by saying who was with that passenger, no story blabbing about 'I did this'.

The registered keeper named on the letter appeals - NOW, you are already a bit late. And not by snail mail post! Online, choosing the second option: 'I was not the driver or there was something wrong with the PCN'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the OP is posting under her real name, then I suggest that isn't the best idea.

Time to bump my thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5532696
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure