Why Me?

Options
Several weeks ago several of my neighbours and I had POLICE AWARE notices stuck on our parked cars. 'obstructing the pavement and or obstructing a driveway' were to 'reasons' hand written on these notices. Quite by accident, I was driving a courtesy car, and I had obstructing a pavement written on my notice, whilst the garage who owned the car were told over the telephone that their car was obstructing a driveway, MINE!!!

OK, local police showed me a photo of the parked courtesy car which was overhanging the pavement by a few centimetres - the wheels were on the road not the pavement, but he advised that I do not park there in the future. This was a blow as I am disabled and had parked in that spot for 30 years!!

So now I park further along the road by a piece of grass, not outside anyones' home, but now a neighbour much further down the road is parking in the spot I vacated, right in front of my driveway.

OK, so the police will give her a warning, NO upon phoning the police (not 999) i am told that the police do not get involved in these issues - when I explained what had gone on, she could not explain why the police had attended and placed the Police away notices.

Local officer could not offer much help either.

Council not interested either. So where to from here!

Comments

• flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you've been ok for 30 years with only one bit of hassle, I'd carry on parking back where you were. The police can and do get involved - I had a fine for a similar thing for 'causing an obstruction' when parked outside my own house. Wouldn't mind but it was (still is) a rough neighbourhood full of druggies and roaming hoards of kids - must have been a quiet night that night.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Where to from here? Is the question asked. The answer is back to where you've been for 30 years.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2017 at 12:50AM
    Options
    Is it possible someone got hold of fake Police notices?

It would be a pretty elaborate stunt I admit......

If someone parked across your drive, the Police wouldn't help, so this makes no sense.

Hell perhaps your neighbour has a Police friend who did them a favour to get them a parking spot????
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Is it possible someone got hold of fake Police notices?
    I was wondering this. The handwritten 'reasons' don't inspire confidence, for a start. Also, I have never heard of the Police using 'Police Aware' notices in this way. They are usually put on broken down/abandoned/crashed vehicles to deter people from phoning in with something they know about.

I suspect someone has got a supply of the tape or notices (or has cleverly made their own) and is using them to create a little local disturbance.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    Richard53 wrote: »
    I was wondering this. The handwritten 'reasons' don't inspire confidence, for a start. Also, I have never heard of the Police using 'Police Aware' notices in this way. They are usually put on broken down/abandoned/crashed vehicles to deter people from phoning in with something they know about.

I suspect someone has got a supply of the tape or notices (or has cleverly made their own) and is using them to create a little local disturbance.

Except this
    OK, local police showed me a photo of the parked courtesy car which was overhanging the pavement by a few centimetres - the wheels were on the road not the pavement, but he advised that I do not park there in the future.

How did this take place? A uniformed officer? Someone posing as the Police?

OP phoned the Police and they knew nothing about it, that's just not possible with all the reporting and paper work they deal with these days.

A very odd story this one......
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure