Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • pizzarelli7348
    • By pizzarelli7348 10th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 90Posts
    • 22Thanks
    University issue
    • #1
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    University issue 10th Mar 17 at 7:44 PM
    Hi there,

    I was wondering if anyone can suggest a solution to this issue.

    I am currently doing a second degree.
    When I commenced this last year, I was told there was the possibility I could APEL ( basically skip it) a module by using previous studies I had done.

    I emailed the lecturer of this module I was trying to APEL showing all my evidence. Last year I received confirmation from the lecturer of successful claim and that she would fill in all the paperwork and take it to the course board for approval ( just a formality in her words). I have kept all those emails.

    I found out this week that she never completed the paperwork and in the meanwhile somebody else has been designated to consider the student APEL claims. This new person now tells me that I can't skip the module as the previous study I have done is outside of 5 years time frame.

    Is there anything or anyone I could go as I feel I have been misled by this first lecturer? Some kind of ombudsman or maybe the student union?

    Many thanks
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • 20,113 Posts
    • 15,833 Thanks
    • #2
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    • #2
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:45 PM
    I would suggest that you need to use the university's appeals procedure, at least in the first instance. I'm pretty confident that the process will be available on their website.
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 19th Mar 17, 6:09 PM
    • 7,302 Posts
    • 10,721 Thanks
    • #3
    • 19th Mar 17, 6:09 PM
    • #3
    • 19th Mar 17, 6:09 PM
    yes try the students union at the uni they are very good and helpful and should take on your case!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,777Posts Today

5,788Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin