University issue

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a solution to this issue.

I am currently doing a second degree.
When I commenced this last year, I was told there was the possibility I could APEL ( basically skip it) a module by using previous studies I had done.

I emailed the lecturer of this module I was trying to APEL showing all my evidence. Last year I received confirmation from the lecturer of successful claim and that she would fill in all the paperwork and take it to the course board for approval ( just a formality in her words). I have kept all those emails.

I found out this week that she never completed the paperwork and in the meanwhile somebody else has been designated to consider the student APEL claims. This new person now tells me that I can't skip the module as the previous study I have done is outside of 5 years time frame.

Is there anything or anyone I could go as I feel I have been misled by this first lecturer? Some kind of ombudsman or maybe the student union?

Many thanks

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I would suggest that you need to use the university's appeals procedure, at least in the first instance. I'm pretty confident that the process will be available on their website.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    yes try the students union at the uni they are very good and helpful and should take on your case!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure