IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

[Result] Barnes vs Excel Parking & BW Legal

Hi guys and gals.
Just a quick post to let you know the court result of Barnes vs Excel Parking & BW Legal.

I had the county court hearing last Thursday and the case was dismissed.
They did actually hired a "legal executive" who received the case the night before and acted on the claimants behalf.
Before the court hearing the legal exec asked for a word and said this could be settled outside or the court room and it could be cancelled and even then they still wanted £150!!!
The case starting falling apart 2 minutes in after there was no evidence of a contract between the landowner and Excel Parking, only a witness statement. It took all of 10 minutes to get the evidence of ill lit signs and the judge dismissed it.

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    You should have asked for £150
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • senrab
    senrab Posts: 15 Forumite
    Yeah, my only mistake was not putting in for costs.
    Fortunately it didn't disrupt my work too much.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    senrab wrote: »
    Yeah, my only mistake was not putting in for costs.
    Fortunately it didn't disrupt my work too much.

Well done. Any chance you could email the Parking Prankster who might be keen to blog the result of your case?

prankster@parking-prankster.com
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Well done - great result. Definitely one for the Parking Prankster ... I like the "confident offer outside" and the "case falls apart inside within 2 minutes" irony ...
  • Matthew87
    Matthew87 Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post
    Can't seem to find any details about your case! Any chance of a brief outline - where/when did you park? What was the main bulk of your defence etc? Cheers :)
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    senrab wrote: »
    Hi guys and gals.
    Just a quick post to let you know the court result of Barnes vs Excel Parking & BW Legal.

I had the county court hearing last Thursday and the case was dismissed.
    They did actually hired a "legal executive" who received the case the night before and acted on the claimants behalf.
    Before the court hearing the legal exec asked for a word and said this could be settled outside or the court room and it could be cancelled and even then they still wanted £150!!!
    The case starting falling apart 2 minutes in after there was no evidence of a contract between the landowner and Excel Parking, only a witness statement. It took all of 10 minutes to get the evidence of ill lit signs and the judge dismissed it.

Well done you :T:T

I assume the legal guy was one of BWLegal's stooges so you were on a winner

Cost Excel and BWLegal money ..... what a stupid way to run a business.

Advice to Excel must be ... "carry on using BWLegal"

Great to see Excel fail again.

Please tell your story to the Parking Prankster
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »

Great to see Excel fail again.

Indeed! In fact it's so sweet I won't need sugar in my coffee for the rest of the week!
  • senrab
    senrab Posts: 15 Forumite
    I removed the original thread after I mentioned too many details and they had been quoted.
    It was Chorlton-!!!-Hardy - The Square.

I received a notice in the mail for "parking for 44 minutes without a valid ticket" from their number plate recognition.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    Lamilad wrote: »
    Indeed! In fact it's so sweet I won't need sugar in my coffee for the rest of the week!

Sweet memories for you.

It is the chinese year of the Rooster after all.

Headless chickens running around and all that :rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done, would love to see the fuller details blogged by the Prankster. Which court & Judge?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure