Lloyds are the worst PLEASE HELP!

Options
I recently re claimed a miss sold bank account with Lloyds they agreed to compensate a partial refund as they advised I registered a phone with them 8 years ago. i advised the agent during the interview process i was aware of benefits but had never actually used them and though i had to pay for the account. they reckon the phone call to register my phone ( i didn't ask to register it) is about £900.

if i go to FCA do i have a strong case as they've admitted i was miss sold the account and have paid partially for it?

my brother inlaw was also a victim to Lloyds and they refused to pay him out at all because it was 4.5k and they advised he knew about breakdown cover he used 10 years ago?

thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    if i go to FCA do i have a strong case as they've admitted i was miss sold the account and have paid partially for it?

You mean FOS. Not FCA. The FCA do not handle consumer complaints.

The general rule of thumb on this is that any benefits that you have used or registered for are allowed to have their market value deducted from the amount of the redress. So, they do appear to be acting correctly.
    my brother inlaw was also a victim to Lloyds and they refused to pay him out at all because it was 4.5k and they advised he knew about breakdown cover he used 10 years ago?

The amount would not be a reason they did not pay out. However, if his complaint was that he was not aware and they have evidence that he was aware and used a facility then it is a pretty easy decision to reject the complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    The general rule of thumb on this is that any benefits that you have used or registered for are allowed to have their market value deducted from the amount of the redress.
    Indeed - and if the product is a package then it will be accepted that some components might have no value to the customer but others will.
  • JANE_SPICER
    Options
    Hi all, Do you know how far back you can claim with Lloyds? Thanks
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,378 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, Do you know how far back you can claim with Lloyds? Thanks

That is something you need not bother yourself finding out because the bank will decide. However, assuming you are not timebarred - as so many are now, they will go back to the last change of bank account type you did.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure