IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

"Vehicle Control Services Ltd" & "Debt Recovery Plus Ltd" - Parking fine

Good morning all and thanks in advance for any advice.

Firstly I did read the "noobs" guide, but have to admit I got very lost/confused as there is a lot of information and it is overwhelming. Finding a I soon get lost in the terminology.

Ok I will try not to let this turn in to war and peace.

16/06/2016 - Parked on a double yellow line at a service station/retail park.

I was sent a "fine" from Vehicle Control Services Ltd for £60 with pictures showing I stopped for 30 seconds.

Rightly or wrongly I thought the thing to do was to ignore the letter, which I did.

12/10/16 - I have now received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus asking for £160 by 26/10/16.

Whats the correct course of action here.

£60 for stopping for 30 seconds seemed steep, but £160 is astronomical.

Have I already messed this up.

If you could spell it out for me I would really appreciate it, the links just seem to confuse me.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 October 2016 at 11:50AM
    Basically you are here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663

Ignore DRPlus & Zenith letters, they are trash and toothless! No effect on credit rating and they can't litigate...

Come back if VCS or BW Legal (or other solicitor) writes to you or if you get court papers. Search the forum for 'BW Legal' now and settle down to read what to look out for! Do not panic or pay. We have seen off all BW Legal letters and even claims, so far. They are looking for weak victims who pay up or people who ignore a court claim (do not ignore a court claim, defend). We will help if that happens, not a biggie!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thanks for prompt response and clarity of where to look. I will continue to ignore for now and see where we go.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    What you should understand is that this is a scam, and some solicitors, (low rent ones), are in on the scam. We have alerted to Solicitors Regulatory Body who are investigating.

Ignore all DCAs, and only come back to us if you move house or receive a LBA.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure