Beko dryer , any tech's that can advise please ?

Options
Hi , we got a beko condensing dryer about 18 mth's ago and it's been fine until the other day .
It basically kept tripping the fusebox everytime the cycle started .
I knew exactly what the problem was as our old hotpoint dryer used to collect water and the impeller fan would chuck it up and rot / short out the heater element .
I've replaced it twice in 2 year's and in the end drilled a pilot hole in the bottom of the housing to allow moisture to drip away on it's own.
Anyway the new one was full of water in the fan housing , I dried it out and the heater seemed to be working fine , I built it back up but the cycle is acting up , it runs for 20 secs then stops , then starts again and just sticks in the same 20 sec loop .
The inside of the dryer drum is luke warm but nowhere near as hot as it should be .
Is it possible the heater element and stats are kapput ? or is there a way of resetting it ?
Possibly a load sense fault ?
I'm on the verge of binning it , but don't wanna waste good money on a new heater element if it's something else .
Thanks in advance for any advice .

Comments

• Mr_Poves
    Mr_Poves Posts: 238 Forumite
    Options
    It was the heater element , the old one was only getting luke warm as one of the stats had popped , hope this is of some help to someone else .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure