iPhone trade in issues with Game

Options
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum business so please be kind if I've done the wrong thing by creating a new thread.

I recently got a new iPhone 6s and wanted to sell my iPhone 6, 64gb. Having looked online for the best price for a trade in (I didn't want the hassle of selling sites - oh the irony!) I opted for Game. I completed the form online, they offered £280 as it was in mint condition. I restored to factory settings, put the phone and all accessories in the original box and posted it to Game via Special Delivery.

I stupidly forgot to put the slip with my details in the parcel. I know Game received the parcel via Track and Trace and as soon as I realised I rang them and explained. I've given them the IMEI number of the iPhone but they say they cannot help me and I've lost the phone and the money.

Does anyone have any advice at all please? I am absolutely gutted and skint.

Many thanks.

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    Options
    Have you approached game since the tracking updated to say "delivered"? It may be that the person you spoke to is simply looking on their system for your item being received and has no idea how to deal with the situation. If the staff who take receipt of the mail weren't able to "check it in" due to the missing details, it obviously isn't going to appear to be there when you call and speak to average Joe.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • hyperstar
    Options
    Yes it was already 'delivered' when I spoke to them. I've since written to their head office (recorded delivery too) which they'll have received on Tuesday to appeal to their honesty and I've heard nothing. I can't believe I'm the first person to make this mistake and would hope they just wouldn't make pure profit from people in this way.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    hyperstar wrote: »
    Yes it was already 'delivered' when I spoke to them. I've since written to their head office (recorded delivery too) which they'll have received on Tuesday to appeal to their honesty and I've heard nothing. I can't believe I'm the first person to make this mistake and would hope they just wouldn't make pure profit from people in this way.

Game are a big company. They employ people to process incoming items that have the documentation with them; that's the norm.

They possibly get a fair few items in with no identifying paperwork and those possibly will take lower priority as they will need more work to be done to find out who it's come from.

They're not going to be just making "pure profit from people in this way" - this is an unfair assumption on your part when by your own admission you have said that it's your mistake. It may take more time but I'm sure that it will get resolved.

May sound harsh but in future check and double check. :)
  • hyperstar
    Options
    Of course I understand it's my mistake and one that I won't make again but they have told me over the phone that there's nothing they can do. That's why I feel they're simply going to make a profit from my phone. I'll keep the faith in the mean time and hope that things are resolved as you suggest.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    You could always try tweeting them? Sometimes getting a complaint "out there" will get you a better response. Good luck! :)
  • Brooker_Dave
    Brooker_Dave Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Options
    If they signed for the parcel, then it arrived, and it's their responsibility.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family