making a mortgage application in my name whilst married to someone on an IVA

Options
Hi
I am applying for a mortgage in my name with my income and deposit only. However I am married and my husband has had two IVA (one he's paying currently) . We have never had, any joint debts or accounts.

Will he still be credit checked?
will my application be denied because of his poor credit?

Many thanks

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    No.

However I would be careful with lender selection as some lenders will auto decline such cases when they find out.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Any suggestions of which to apply to? I have a mortgage broker
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,766 Forumite
    Options
    Any suggestions of which to apply to? I have a mortgage broker
    I'm sure your broker has it all in hand and knows who to avoid.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • DarkAngelEyes
    Options
    I own a flat in building and was successful in getting an offer and the conveyncing team wrote that another co-director to verify that there is no major work in the near future due. But, a bad history between the co-director and me led him to claim that the building is in a mess and he made up a massive estimated bill as act of spite. I had the lender's surveyor inspected the property and passed it for lending. He also refuses to confirm the rest of the lender’s enquiries and my offer’s expiry date looming what should I do? If I take legal action it will not be resolved soon. Can you help? Can the broker speak to the lender and explain that the neighbour’s action is causing me stress.
    I need advice
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    Options
    I own a flat in building and was successful in getting an offer and the conveyncing team wrote that another co-director to verify that there is no major work in the near future due. But, a bad history between the co-director and me led him to claim that the building is in a mess and he made up a massive estimated bill as act of spite. I had the lender's surveyor inspected the property and passed it for lending. He also refuses to confirm the rest of the lender’s enquiries and my offer’s expiry date looming what should I do? If I take legal action it will not be resolved soon. Can you help? Can the broker speak to the lender and explain that the neighbour’s action is causing me stress.
    I need advice

I'm afraid you've posted in the wrong place; you need to start a new thread where people can see your problem and suggest solutions.

You might be better putting it in the House Buying, Renting & Selling sub-forum.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16
    At the top right hand side there'll be a drop-down menu titled Forum Tools that'll let you start a new thread. Good luck!
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure