Requested Refund from College within 30 days: Unsatisfactory teaching methods

Hello there,
I have recently requested a refund for a GCSE course I enrolled on. The reason for refund: the teaching method employed was not suiting my learning needs on many levels. I addressed this directly with the tutor on 2 occasions out of 4 lessons with regards to this, but to no avail. I requested the monies back within 30 days so am potentially covered under the consumer rights act 2015. I outlined my reasons clearly on an e-mail, and the college have gone from 'requesting a full reimbursement to 'considering' a reimbursement.

I feel this was not fit for purpose, I attempted to address the issue, this did not work, and am therefore entitled to a full refund.
Could you please advise me where I stand legally on this?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    So this is entirely a change of mind by you? The college are still able to supply the teaching, you just don't like it. Your 'not fit for purpose' seems unlikely to succeed unless you have evidence that a large number of other students have also withdrawn. So your refund depends on one of two things:

1) Statutory refund within 30 days under the CRA - can you confirm that provision of education that has already started is indeed covered by the Act? If it is then you should be OK.

2) Goodwill refund by the college as they either agree with your reason for withdrawal or they don't want you to cause a fuss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure