Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • bitofsquirrel
    • By bitofsquirrel 10th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Trouble with Alliance Homes housing association
    • #1
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:07 PM
    Trouble with Alliance Homes housing association 10th Oct 16 at 3:07 PM
    I am having trouble with a housing association and no matter where I turn, no one will help me.
    I own my house and 3 years ago a family moved in next door and started to make my life hell.
    They used to play their X Box 24 hours a day and make my house vibrate and when I asked her to turn it down, she put it on full blast and went to Spain for 2 weeks.
    The daughters boyfriend who lives in there has just been sent to prison for 5 years for drug dealing and they really are the family from hell.
    Last year i complained to the housing association and when they spoke to her she lied and made out I had done all sorts of stuff to her that I hadn't and they believed her and refused to help me anymore, but I kept on and they eventually with the help of one really nice woman who worked there they gave her an ABC for harrassment.
    She has now married and the new husband is working his way through the house knocking it down, and they think they can pull up hedges and knock down fences when they want to.
    I have asked the Housing association to ask them not to tough my boundaries, but the nice woman has left and they now have a man who refuses to either help me, or even respond to my emails or phone calls, he said we have to sort it out ourselves, I have told him that I am intimidated and frightened by them, but he still refuses to help
    I contacted the ombadsman but apparently they will only help tenants,
    does anyone have any suggestions
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 10th Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    • 44,078 Posts
    • 52,217 Thanks
    • #2
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    • #2
    • 10th Oct 16, 3:14 PM
    This is a neighbour dispute.

    The fact that the neighbours happen to be HA tenants is irrelevant. Yes, the HA could, if they wished and if relevant, ensure the tenants abide by the terms of their tenancy, that is entirely a matter for the HA.

    If you have a noise issue - approach the noise abatement officer at the council. (see more here).

    If you have a legal issue (damage to your property, boundary etc), use the courts (assuming tea and cake does not work!).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,058Posts Today

8,430Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin