Feedback advice required

Options
I recently bought something on eBay and when it arrived, it was a really cheap, not very good, imitation of what was actually shown on the auction item. The description of the item actually stated that it was the same as shown in the pictures. I therefore raised an item not as described claim. Today I was able to escalate the claim as the seller had not responded, and eBay have ruled in my favour and refunded my money.

So all is good, in that I have got my money back. I have also been able to purchase the correct item from Amazon.

In all the years I've used eBay, I've never had to leave a negative feedback, but really feel this deserves one for the following reasons.
1. Item sent was nothing like the item advertised
2. Item location was shown as London, but it actually came from China.
3. Seller's communication was non existent.

Obviously I'm limited in the amount I can write, and I assume that it's still the case that I shouldn't mention that I'd raised a dispute.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dont mention the dispute but do mention cheap and poor quality goods.

I probably wouldn't mention the word fake either. Did it arrive from Chine or the UK?

I reckon most buyers wont read the feedback anyway until they have issues with the seller/item.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Wooks63
    Wooks63 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 8:18AM
    Options
    That's the strange thing. The tacking number was for TrakPak and it definitely tracked back to China. However, when it arrived, the postage was UK postage - 48 hour delivery. I guess he could have ordered it from China and then forwarded it on, although there was some Chinese writing on the address label!

** Edit **
    Just checked the sellers information and it does state that he is based in China. So to say the item location is London is another mis-representation.
  • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    Options
    A lot of sellers in China have their stock in fulfilment houses here in the UK, how long did delivery take?

A simple, item was not as described, no reply from seller, sent from China

would do (the last bit depending on the delivery time, if it was only a few days the parcel would have been sent from the UK).
  • Wooks63
    Options
    That sounds good to me, thanks.

The item took a week, which, I guess, from China isn't too bad. Tracking definitely shown that it came from China.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure