Ebay Concierge

I received an email a few weeks ago regarding the launch of Ebay Concierge, "the next level in customer experience" and this morning I got a fancy letter in the post saying I have been selected for the trial.

Don't really understand the concept or why I've been chosen. I don't sell much and only buy a few things a month.

Anyone else been 'selected'?

Comments

• It's supposed to be high level support, I should image it's going to be more focused on growing your sales and using eBay's tools rather than CS with regards to cases, feedback, etc.
  • crypta
    crypta Posts: 7 Forumite
    We were also selected for Ebay Concierge, but as a Buyer. I can say this for certain as we have never sold anything on Ebay or ever will.

As part of Concierge when you contact Ebay now you go through to customer service based in the UK or Ireland, rather than Asia.

Part of the service is they seem to trust you and take your side more.

We just had a guy sell us a power supply for £85, saying it had all the leads. When it turned up, 6 were missing. We calculated it would cost £45 for new leads and contacted him asking for the missing leads, or a partial refund to cover the cost of the replacements.

He ignored our message so we contacted Ebay as Concierge.

An hour later he contacted us and said he would do the full partial refund now.

However a hour ago he said 'there is a problem with Ebay and it won't do the partial refund even though I am trying, and Ebay are not telling me what the problem is...".

So I spoke to Ebay again and the problem was lack of funds in his account, as he had been told - so Ebay/Paypal just pushed the partial refund through back into our account from his account, meaning I guess he now has -£45 and is in debt to Paypal for this amount!!

So Ebay Concierge is both for Sellers and Buyers. Its customer support ++

Personally I think it is a great service, and very much needed due to all the dodgy sellers and buyers on Ebay.

I had thought we had been invited because we have spent over £5,000 in the last few months, and were buying items costing more than £1K each; but it sounds like they are also randomly inviting people - perhaps even ourselves!
  • crypta
    crypta Posts: 7 Forumite
    Just to add, I am not sure what sellers are going to think about Paypal/Ebay being able to pay refunds even when you have no money in your account, and hence thereby putting you in debt to them...
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,192 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    crypta wrote: »
    Just to add, I am not sure what sellers are going to think about Paypal/Ebay being able to pay refunds even when you have no money in your account, and hence thereby putting you in debt to them...

That's standard, nothing you have said is any different to the way it works normally. The eBay guarantee is absolute, so if a buyer is entltled to a refund they get it, even if that means the seller account goes to a negative balance.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Oddly, I have the concierge invite on a buying account that does nothing. Yet we are Titanium PS on other accounts. I'm not really sure what it will offer us......eBay T&C for cases haven't changed...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure