We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

nectar points tricks and tips

seems there isn't any current nectar talk going on, I think it could be a good idea to have a thread for those saving points towards xmas shopping. I currently have £123 worth on points and hope to have £150 by xmas making my shopping cost at sainsburys £0

so does anybody have any tips or tricks to share?

ill start with a couple....

the yahoo nectar app gives you the chance to earn 100 points a month, but did you know your allowed upto 99 additional card holders ? myself I made a few with some blag emails and I have the chance to bag a load of free points each month.

check the nectar app on your phone, quite often theres offers that arnt on the nectar website, like last week a free 100 points just for visiting the app site on your phone.

another thing ive started doing is visiting uk hot deals as they seem to be on the ball with all the nectar offers aswell.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nectar.com

also if you havnt done so far, ebay are offering 350 points for linking your nectar to ebay

Comments

• http://www.e-rewards.co.uk/ is a survey panel that pays in Nectar points. Also Nectar Canvass (although I don't use this anymore as I find it quite poorly paid).
  • guestman
    guestman Posts: 191 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    just had a shed load of points come in today from a combo of using the 10x points on fuel and shopping, along with using https://mycoupons.sainsburys.co.uk/
  • Are discarded Sainsbury's receipts wombleable?
  • guestman
    Ive only ever found one receipt that I managed to claim the points from, if you can get some free points, anything is fair game lol
  • hawki
    hawki Posts: 224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't shop in Sainsburys & get most of my points through nectar canvas & the rest through Ebay. I manage to make around £110 a year for my Christmas shopping.
    Since nectar canvas updated the website though a month ago I haven't had a single survey, anyone else notice this?
  • The trouble is nectar is rubbish!

• guestman
    well, in what way? you can collect loads of free points aswell as shed loads of bonus points, yes the base points seems rubbish. £1 = 1 point. using bonus points on sainsburys coupons and all the other offers like the other week they was doing 10x on fuel and shopping. I have several linked accounts to myn which ive started to log them all onto the nectar tool bar and make a load of random searches , I get a lot of extra free points :) this week alone im £10 up in points
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary PPI Party Pooper First Post Combo Breaker
    At one stage I had nearly £400 pounds worth of Nectar points until I redeemed them for vouchers on eBay.

If you ever use it to purchase something it's worth linking your accounts. I also recommend the My Coupons service mentioned above and you can also earn points with the likes of BP too.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • JC_Derby
    JC_Derby Posts: 808 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Get the nectar app

Also goto mycoupons.sainsburys.co.uk especially if you do your shopping there.
    Not really sure if the credit cards are worth it? They aren't for me, due to how we shop in use Santander 123 for our spend, especially fuel.
  • JC_Derby
    JC_Derby Posts: 808 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    We also used to get coupons through the post, but they stopped for some reason a couple of years back, don't know if it was something I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.