Clydesdale Bank gold credit card - online registering

Options
Recently took out a gold credit card with them - the one advertised on MSE with the long 0%.

I just came to register for online banking tonight so i can keep tabs on the account (& also find out my limit since i've not spotted it on any paperwork so far) & it seems i can't register for online banking.

I can if i have a debit card, or if i've set up telephone banking apparently, but i only have a credit card.

Has anyone else been able to do it here?

Comments

• starM
    starM Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    I have read somewhere that you can only service credit card online if you hold a Clydesdale current account.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    So in short, for the duration of this credit card I should just open a current account with them.

It'd make it easier when paying off the card too I suppose, rather than faffing about with a phone call.
  • nb0825
    nb0825 Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    yes same here. applied for credit card, they said only internet banking if you have an account. Opened an account online, had to call them to "merge" the two together
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just open an instant saver account - no credit check.
    Debit Mastercard, access to their online facilities.
  • pauljoecoe
    Options
    I just set up a minimum payment with them and then monitored the paper statements each month. Old school I know but it worked.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    I tried opening an internet saver account but they wanted me to go in branch :eek:

So tried opening a current account & registering for online banking but it said i'm already a customer.

So i go to fill in the details of not having my details and on the next page it asks me for characters of my secret word or whatever, plus my favourite book.

Nice. Would be helpful if it had asked me those things at registration time so i could answer them.
    pauljoecoe wrote: »
    I just set up a minimum payment with them and then monitored the paper statements each month. Old school I know but it worked.
    And when it came time to pay it all off?
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Well i telephoned Clydesdale as that was the next step.

Basically i can't open any sort of account now online as i already have a customer number, or something to that effect. If i want to open a new account then i would either have to go in branch (we don't have one) or get forwarded to another department on the phone after those i'd already passed through.

I told the woman on the phone that i'll leave it. It's a lot of work for what it is really.
  • Gavoo7
    Gavoo7 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I applied and was accepted for the gold Mastercard as I wanted to take advantage of the long 0% purchase offer, however I applied for the B account to manage the credit card 'online' and have been rejected.......guess I'll have to try for the savings account if that gives me access.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Well today i figured i'd apply for a current account over the phone since i had time & since they offered that the last time i called.

They asked why i wanted to open one so i told them.

They told me that they couldn't offer me one as it wasn't a good enough reason to open one.

Seriously, Clydesdale are ridiculous. No online banking for credit cards & can't open a current account so i can manage my credit card account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure