I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That would be good to get below £45k if you can. Have a good day.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve had a long chat with my dh and decided I won’t start my medication yet as I have a review in a couple of weeks and want to see what other options I have. On top of that we have given our self realistic targets. I think a big part of my mental health issues are due to the debt and me looking at it as a whole and not feeling I have any control over them.

We clear £620 per month off the cc balances and have decided to use some of the savings and by budgeting we will get our cc debt to £45k by the end of the year. . I will meal plan once a week and use cash more to budget and save time looking and playing around with the finances constantly.

I will try and eat healthier and do more runs to try and help my mental health.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like a productive day hun.

I know that you can get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of the debt, ours is no where near as big and I even I get overwhelmed by ours, so I do sympathise.

Big hugs to you xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Thanks purple.

All money cashed out and allocated. I’ve allocated £300 for fd shop but would be great if I could do it for less!
  • xmas_angel
    Options
    Evening,

I’ve just read your diary and it feels like you’re describing my exact same situation. Both me and my husband are both in well paid jobs however have spent stupidly over the years we’ve been together and have got ourselves into over £45k of unsecured debt. We’re working hard to reduce this and currently live on a cash only budget of £150 a week to buy food, petrol and any necessities. What we have left over at the end of each week goes to paying off a debt. We managed to clear one of my old overdrafts in a month by doing this and am now working on the next smallest one before tackling the credit cards.

Just wanted to wish you well and to let you know you’re not alone battling against the debt, it’ll be years before I’m debt free but I’m determined to get there by paying it off instead of replacing the debt with another form of debt (which is an old favourite trick of mine) so good luck and I look forward to reading about your success!!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    xmas_angel wrote: »
    Evening,

I’ve just read your diary and it feels like you’re describing my exact same situation. Both me and my husband are both in well paid jobs however have spent stupidly over the years we’ve been together and have got ourselves into over £45k of unsecured debt. We’re working hard to reduce this and currently live on a cash only budget of £150 a week to buy food, petrol and any necessities. What we have left over at the end of each week goes to paying off a debt. We managed to clear one of my old overdrafts in a month by doing this and am now working on the next smallest one before tackling the credit cards.

Just wanted to wish you well and to let you know you’re not alone battling against the debt, it’ll be years before I’m debt free but I’m determined to get there by paying it off instead of replacing the debt with another form of debt (which is an old favourite trick of mine) so good luck and I look forward to reading about your success!!

Thanks very much. Good luck with your debt free road, it feels long but hopefully we will all get there.
  • debtaghh
    edited 21 October 2017 at 8:29AM
    Options
    Morning,

I strangely enough have had a pretty good sleep and feel fairly relaxed, first time in a very long time! I went for a run yesterday and ate a bit better.

I’m so glad it’s the half term, I hate the constant rush. I have a fairly chilled week with no concrete plans.

Today I need to:

Hoover
    Put wash on
    List items for business
    Help dd pack
    Take dd for flu jab
    Might do some baking with kids
    Book dh onto driving course
    Pay for dart charge before I forget!
    Not look at finances until Monday- no need I have cash so nothing to log. On Monday I’ll check if all payments have gone through.

Have a lovely day!
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Forgot to mention I also got offered some extra work last night for Nov and December which will probably give me around £100 extra money ...... all helps.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning lovely,

Looks like a fairly productive day planned.

Yay to the extra work, every little helps :) you're doing great.

Have a lovely day xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I didn’t get everything done yesterday so need to start early as am out most of the day visiting friends today.

I def need to:

Pay dart charge
    Book dh onto driving course
    List at least 10 items
    Make lunch for journey
    Write list for jobs that need doing

What I have really realised lately is the amount of money I waste on junk food. Yesterday I bought:

3- doughnuts - 90p
    1 pain au chocolat 45p
    Minestrals- £1.50
    Popcorn -£1
    Chocolate eclairs -£1

£4.80 in one day just on junk :eek:

I need to really stop this as that really adds up and is unhealthy as well!

I finally managed to cash in £15 from SB so used my amazon voucher towards Xmas presents. I also did the amazon deal of buying a £30 gift card and got £6 back. I’ve been buying a lot of presents of amazon.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure