Travel Claims Facilities - is this a scam?

Options
Hi, my parents recently had to cancel their holiday due to illness. They had insured the holiday with Allianz Insurance and have received the documents to complete and this was the company they had insured with. However, they have also received documents through from a company called Travel Claims Insurance with no reference to their policy, etc - just a claim form - it seems a bit odd that this additional company have sent through documents. Has anyone else heard of this company ? I suspect this is just the mail equivalent of the 'we heard you'd been in a car accident' phone calls but the last thing I want to do is jeopardise their refund by not completing all the correct documentation.

Comments

• FutureGirl
    FutureGirl Posts: 1,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Check the policy paperwork. Sometimes companies just put their name on a product to sell. IE Sainsburys home insurance is underwritten by UK Insurance.

It isn't a scam, and it isn't the same as the car accident calls. It could be that Allianz have out sourced their claims team to Travel Claims Facilities, so you should ask Allianz to clarify.

Does the claim number match on both documents?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Ask Allianz why this duplication has come about and take it from their reply

(If both forms ask the same questions, ask them why you have to duplicate your claim like this!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure