Pans slide on enamel pan supports on our new gas hob

Options
We have recently put in a new stainless gas hob with enamel pan supports. I chose enamel as I thought it would be less likely to scratch the stainless steel hob than cast iron ones. However our pans slide around on the supports to a worrying extent. This has particularly alarmed my husband who is notoriously clumsy. Just one of those things that some people are. He fears he will knock a pan over as it slides.

Previously we had stainless steel pan supports and the pans sliding around was not an issue. We want to keep to gas as our preferred cooking fuel. Are there any gas hobs out there with stainless steel pan supports? I am really struggling to find one.

Is this a fashion thing or an economic saving for manufacturers or some EU directive?

Comments

• southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You only remove the supports to clean them or the hob so personally I don't see any issue taking them off & I don't really see any that have scratched the hob
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • littlerock
    littlerock Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    so are pans less likely to slide on cast iron pan stands?
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2016 at 9:35AM
    Options
    littlerock wrote: »
    so are pans less likely to slide on cast iron pan stands?

Don't worry about which type, they will be caked up with a nice layer of carbonised spag bol before long, that'll stop 'em sliding about:D:D

There is an element of true in that as they will lose some of there shine with use,

Regarding the scratches, we have a 5 burner s/s hob that has 3 separate pan supports, and yes the supports have scratched the s/s as the supports slide on the s/s but the thing is you only see it when the supports are removed for cleaning so it doesn't bother me,
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport