Complete Savings scam

Has anyone else out there been caught by 'Complete Savings' ? I've just noticed they've been pulling £15/month out of my bank account since Christmas without me knowing anything about it. I do not recall ever signing up to their 'service' as I never look for a cash-back/discount. From the online search I've done it appears hundreds of other people have been caught but yet I've heard nothing in the press about this complete fraud. The link to them seems often to come from booking via Trainline.com. Any news on all of this anyone ?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 June 2016 at 6:00PM
    Portermark wrote: »
    Has anyone else out there been caught by 'Complete Savings' ? I've just noticed they've been pulling £15/month out of my bank account since Christmas without me knowing anything about it. I do not recall ever signing up to their 'service' as I never look for a cash-back/discount. From the online search I've done it appears hundreds of other people have been caught but yet I've heard nothing in the press about this complete fraud. The link to them seems often to come from booking via Trainline.com. Any news on all of this anyone ?
    To answer your first question: yes they have.

This lengthy thread may be of interest to you.
    Particularly this post.
  • Thank you wealdroam for your very quick reply and attached thread. I have to admit it appears it was indeed our fault for not having read the small print alongside the Trainline cash-back voucher nor having checked bank statements in minute detail, so lessons learned. But.....surely there must be hundreds of people out there in a similar position ? Innocently thinking Trainline is behind the cash-back when in fact they have outsourced that to a 3rd party that then scams you out of £15/mth. If I had deliberately signed up to an online discount company for x£/mth to get £y reward I would knowingly have agreed to the transactions but I didn't, I just went for a one-off cutback when buying some train tickets. I can't believe this is legal business practice. I will pursue this.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Portermark wrote: »
    Thank you wealdroam for your very quick reply and attached thread. I have to admit it appears it was indeed our fault for not having read the small print alongside the Trainline cash-back voucher nor having checked bank statements in minute detail, so lessons learned. But.....surely there must be hundreds of people out there in a similar position ? Innocently thinking Trainline is behind the cash-back when in fact they have outsourced that to a 3rd party that then scams you out of £15/mth. If I had deliberately signed up to an online discount company for x£/mth to get £y reward I would knowingly have agreed to the transactions but I didn't, I just went for a one-off cutback when buying some train tickets. I can't believe this is legal business practice. I will pursue this.

It is a good idea to check your bank transactions every month, if not you're leaving yourself open to fraudsters.

It is also a good idea to read what you're agreeing to when signing up to "rewards"/ "one off cutbacks", especially for someone that fails to check their bank statements.
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Train line may even be innocent, with subscription vendors just buying vouchers as a loss leader, etc
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I do not recall ever signing up to their 'service' as I never look for a cash-back/discount

I have to admit it appears it was indeed our fault for not having read the small print alongside the Trainline cash-back voucher

QED.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills