Do ebuyer.com still have poor customer service?

Options
I'm tempted by this Asus E402MA laptop for £150 but I'm put off by the masses of adverse complaints on a web search about stalling over warranty claims and not replying to emails etc. Most of them are several years old, though.

Comments

• marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I only buy things from them that would be very unlikely to be returned.

I recently bought an acer monitor. I'm pleased I bought it from Amazon, because it went faulty. Acer wanted the defective one back before they would send out a (refurbished?) replacement. That I'd thrown out that box was my problem. When I tried to persuade Acer to send the replacement out first, even offering to secure it with a credit card, they were very unhelpful.

Amazon sent me a new one, and I returned the defective one to them in the packaging the new one arrived in. Much better solution.
  • Stevie_Palimo
    Stevie_Palimo Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've used them before without any issues.
  • ChiefGrasscutter
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    I recently bought an acer monitor. I'm pleased I bought it from Amazon, because it went faulty. Acer wanted the defective one back before they would send out a (refurbished?) replacement. That I'd thrown out that box was my problem. When I tried to persuade Acer to send the replacement out first, even offering to secure it with a credit card, they were very unhelpful.

Seems entirely sensible to want the defective under guarantee one back first.
    I have of a couple of occasions been sent the wrong thing by companies online and every time they wanted the incorrect one back first before they would send out the correct one.

I've bought the odd thing every now and then from Ebuyer without any problems.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Ebuyer are fine ... as long as there aren't any problems with the goods. If you need after sales service ...... well you pay your money and you take your chance. :)
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Got burned on a misadverised telephoto lens once, a very expensive item and ebuyer was quite hard to deal with to return and get refund. Avoided them ever since, I always check Amazon or even EBay for prices.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I've used ebuyer for years and cannot remember ever having a problem. I have just recently purchased a 2 TB USB external drive for a good price delivered rapidly and it works.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    I've used them before without any issues.
    Le_Kirk wrote: »
    I've used ebuyer for years and cannot remember ever having a problem. I have just recently purchased a 2 TB USB external drive for a good price delivered rapidly and it works.

Buying is fine its the hassle you go through when returning faulty goods that lets them down.
  • AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    Although I've not used them for a good few months, I have used them quite a few times in the past and never had any issues.

Customer Services can be annoyingly slow but have always responded in my experience.
  • jaydeeuk1
    jaydeeuk1 Posts: 7,714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ebuyer used to be great, then had different management with poor CS, then Amazon became king, and things have improved over last year or two, easier to get returns sorted and have items collected. They're not quite amazon, but they're better than scam, sorry, scan, dabs/BT, or godawful aria. I still use them for the majority of computer items that can't be had from amazon or PC world instore.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 April 2016 at 2:05PM
    Options
    I had a problem with them years ago which was a nightmare, a more recent problem was solved more more simply. But most purchases have been trouble-free. I don't think twice about ordering from them if the price is right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure