Computer Quote insurance

Options
Has anyone here got a pet insurance policy with Computer Quote?

And, more importantly, if so have you ever made a claim with them?

They're coming up alongside the likes of John Lewis and Legal & General when doing a comparison quote. And all of them are beating Petplan hands down (my current insurers) who are currently charging me double the premium for less than half the benefits of the others :o

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    You need to put the question in context. What are you trying to buy? I'm with Petplan. Always have been. Costs more than cheaper insurance, but never on a direct like for like quote, based on the context of what I buy.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2016 at 7:49PM
    Options
    Lifetime cover with £5000 per condition, renewable annually, plus £1000 death by accident or illness and theft, plus the usual public liability cover, kennel fees, advertising etc. All for less than £30 a month. I'm currently paying almost £50 a month to Petplan for a lifetime policy with just £4000 a year (total) cover.
  • sangie595
    Options
    Yeah. I'd also be wondering if there is a catch. And don't know if there is. Sorry. But I generally go with if it is too good to be true, it usually is. You never know until it comes to it.
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    Well, I'd probably be more suspicious if other companies such as John Lewis, Legal & General, Argos, Asda and the Post Office etc weren't also offering much better policies for less money than Petplan too.
  • sangie595
    Options
    Like for like, I have never found that to be true. I have a lifetime policy - many insures don't. But you have to make your choice.
  • owlet
    owlet Posts: 1,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just read some of their reviews - I could only find reviews on their own website thougn, however they are a mixed bag. One reported huge prics hikes after the first year for insuring a young pet with no claims. Overall reviws generally for their insurance (pet, car, anything) range from dire to excellent.

They are a broker and it looks like although you claim through Computer quote, it then gets passed to whoever has underwritten your particular policy. I may have got that wrong - I just picked up that from reading some reviews.

Personally, I think I'd rather deal with a company directly & know what I'm getting. I just had my renewal and switched to pet plan for my 14 month old. Although they may be more expensive, you know they are good. Although for me, they worked out cheaper than my renewal with Tesco after one claim.

I'd say just do your homework carefully & read genuine reviews. See if you can find out if they will pay up without a fight & how prompt they are. It's each to his own at the end of the day. Good luck!
    SPC 8 (2015) #485 TOTAL: £334.65
    SPC 9 (2016) #485 TOTAL £84
    SPC 10 (2017) # 485 TOTAL: £464.80
    SPC 11 (2018) #485
  • Feral_Moon
    Options
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Like for like, I have never found that to be true. I have a lifetime policy - many insures don't. But you have to make your choice.

All the ones I mentioned above are for lifetime policies. I wouldn't consider any other type. Comparethemarket allows you to filter by type. Computer quote certainly wasn't the cheapest, there were a few cheaper, including Animal Friends, however, I wouldn't touch those with a barge pole.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Axa provided cheaper insurance and low excess. They didn't last.

I don't like the fact that you cannot access a policy document, only a summary of cover. The policy document usually contains the small print.

Does your dog have any pre existing conditions? The terms and conditions say they cannot cover dogs with pre existing conditions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure