Dropped Kerb

Options
Hi, has anyone applied for planning permission via the planning portal?

I have been in contact with the local council with regards to applying for a dropped kerb and they have advised me to apply online for a Lawful Development Certificate - Proposed Use.

So... I am filling the form out as best I can now I am stuck on the documents stage, they have asked for the following.

1. Evidence to verify application.
2. The location plan.

My questions are:

1. What would I need to provide for evidence to verify application? - I have created a word document which explains that the proposals comply with the Conditions and Limitations as set out on the Northamptonshire Highways website. Would this be adequate?

2. There are set requirements that are needed when supplying the location plan like the scale etc used needs to be the following:

a) The application site (including access to the
highway) must be shown by red edging; any
adjoining land that you have an interest in
must be edged in blue.
b) The scale of the location plan must be
appropriate to sufficiently identify the site. In
most cases an up to date map to a scale of 1:1250 or 1:2500 will be adequate.
c) Should normally be A4 sized.
d)Include a "North" point.
e) Show surrounding buildings.
f) Ideally show two named roads.

Does anyone know where I can obtain these from without paying the council £25 for them?

I'm really sorry for the long post but I am sure you are all aware that the local authorities do not make things easy.

Thanks

Comments

• chappers
    chappers Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Options
    land registry
  • tony6403
    tony6403 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Assuming you have a printer it is not that difficult using Google Earth.
    There is a ruler in the tools tab which will enable you to see the measurements. These can be fine tuned with the % adjustment on your printer.
    When you have sorted the scale, tracing paper is all that is needed to copy the application site , buildings and roads. Google maps of course show north.
    Forgotten but not gone.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,798 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As chappers posts the title plans we provide will often cover their requirements but much will depend on how up to date any Ordnance Survey details were when the title was first registered and how old the plan is.

If it's a property that has been there for e some years and few if any changes have been made to the neighbouring properties then the title plan may reveal what you need.

Have a look at our online service and the example title plan to see if you think it might fit the bill. The plans are often used for planning applications but that's not to say that you can't use them from somewhere else as suggested. It's £3 a copy
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • fezster
    fezster Posts: 485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Usually you just contact your council's highway department to ask them to quote you for a dropped kerb. A surveyor will come down, measure up using lines you have painted to indicate the width of the drop, and look at any potential problems with the proposed drop kerb. They'll also assess if there's any issues with access for the contractors to carry out the work, and if traffic lights will be needed. Usual cost is around £800 - £1200.

However, if your road is a "classified road", then you will need to apply for planning permission. Again, though, the surveyor will inform you of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure