We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Asda Card Online service

Options
I have had a n ASDA Card now for 4 months and have not yet been able to access my statements online, has anyone else had this problem or know when it will be sorted out?

Thanks
NBoop:confused:
Only two big facts are known for certain: you are on a large, spinning rock hurtling through lonely space at about 67,000 mph, and one day your body is going to die. Will a new pair of shoes really help? :p

Weight at lightbulb moment 13 7lb
goal for Christmas 12 7lb! :rotfl:

Comments

• Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GE Capital's website for the ASDA store and credit cards must be (IMHO) one of the worst on the entire internet. It is as slow as a sloth on Mogadon and then crashes like the Christmas Bullet.

It has also been like this for as long as I can remember. I am amazed that either GE Capital or ASDA haven't done anything about it (like GE Capital getting a new website provider or even ASDA getting a new CC provider) by now.

I've given up on it and use the telephone service instead.

It is a "non-advertisement" for an otherwise excellent (thanks to the instant fuel discount) product.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had my card since May and have not managed to even register it for the online service as it crashes before ive got that far!
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • pepsi1234
    Options
    I have not even received details of how to register for online for my new card, where would I go to?
    :j
    debt free except mortgage since 2008!!
    55,000 to go
  • Stephen_Leak
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pepsi1234 wrote: »
    I have not even received details of how to register for online for my new card, where would I go to?

I've deleted my bookmark, but (unless ASDA have given up on it as well - and from what you say, they don't seem to be advertising it) there ought to be a link from their website.
  • buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I've just logged on now and they've finally updated and improved the site!

Any existing users need to re-register, but it is now almost exactly the same set up as the GE Money Everyday Card website online access area, and it does seem to be working properley!

Cheers

Steve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • buses7675
    buses7675 Posts: 837 Forumite
    Options
    pepsi1234 wrote: »

https://www.gemoney.co.uk/service/authentication/asda

This is the 'new' ASDA Credit Card site, exactly the same layout/setup as th GE Money Everyday Card one.

Asdas own main site has been updated now too so that you get to this page automatically!

Cheers

SAteve
    completed Uni in 2004 without any student debt - woohoo!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I found this too.

A couple of tips for re-registering: firstly, the password required is your original "telephone" one, not your "online" one. Secondly, if it objects to your mobile number, leave it blank.

PS. I just re-registered and have had a brief "rummage" around the new site - nice, clear and uncluttered design (very Google and Jakob Nielsen) and good response times (especially for an SSL site).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport