Ultimate 4 trading scam or not?

Options
My husband recently found a yahoo news link relating to a trading algorithm. This algorithm has apparently received a 'start up 365 innovation of the year 2015 award' and claims a 75% success rate. The company name is Ultimate 4 Trading. The question is, is this a scam or is it genuine?
Has anyone else heard of or used this algorithm and actually made money?

Thanks
The scepticle one

Comments

• ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    "...apparently..."

"...claims..."

A new 'wonder alogorithm' comes along every week.

If it works, why would someone be trying to sell it instead of keeping it to themselves?

These are brilliant at making money. For scammers.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • talexuser
    talexuser Posts: 3,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Come on.... if it really had a 75% success rate, and he sold it to everyone, then very soon it would no longer have a 75% success rate, so why sell it, if you could use it yourself to beat the rest of the market?
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How hard can it be to understand.. if a market trading system is winning it means it's beating the market trading losers, if it's then made available to everyone it will not have any losers to beat and stop working.

That's assuming it ever worked reliably in the first place, which is highly unlikely.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • ChesterDog
    ChesterDog Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    The website... Did that really not put you off right away, OP?

The disclaimer stating you fully understand the risk, which they do not reveal or explain.

The 'trading' which is just binary-option betting.

The total lack of any evidence, explanation or certifiable results.

The people with no background information or relevant stated experience?

They haven't made much effort at all.
    I am one of the Dogs of the Index.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting slant on the usual scam links on MSE:
    "My husband recently found".
    So gentle. So unassuming. Butter wouldn't melt.
  • fwor
    fwor Posts: 6,811 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    ChesterDog wrote: »
    The website... Did that really not put you off right away, OP?

Perhaps the fact that the website is registered via a privacy service in Singapore, and the fact that it was first registered only a few months ago, might put you off?

Or perhaps the fact that the website does not appear to state the company's head office address, nor the company registration number - both of which are required for companies trading on the internet in the UK?

How about the fact that the Terms and Conditions that you have to sign up to are baffling and obscure? For example they include a mystery third party - "D WORLD". The T&Cs invite you to "contact D WORLD" under certain circumstances, but give no indication of who D WORLD is or how you might contact them.

It's just a very, very poor effort, in my opinion - nothing of any value or interest to see there...
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There is another thread discussing them here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5372409
    where a poster says the demo mode artificially says you won when you really lost
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 January 2016 at 10:39AM
    Options
    The TV show that supposedly gave this award is fake.

They have an English (startup 365) and French version (startupF5). Have a look at the team who produce the show at the bottom of each page. Same people, different names!

http://www.startupf5.com/
    http://www.start-up365.net/

I suspect the "TV show" is a thinly disguised YouTube only vehicle to promote whoever they are paid to promote.

In this case the company being promoted is Ultimate4Trading in the UK and Preditrend in France. The web sites are identical but the first is described as being run by British graduates and the second by French graduates.

Although they do not make it clear on their web site both appear to be connected to EZTrader which has a poor reputation.
  • Sy67
    Options
    Its a Scam i signed up just before Christmas watched the video on msn etc about the 4 brilliant students !! etc
    went to the demo account the results were spectacular well over 80% winning trades ,
    Went live got a free £100 bonus from the broker started trading lost the bonus in under an hour thought ummm
    the win rate is not even 50% then quickly realised this was not the real deal emailed U4T no reply message returned
    unable to deliver !! Cotacted the broker to withdraw what money i had left lost well over 50% of the deposit win rate 40% at best . Found out lots and lots of other people have lost money as well !!!! The broker said because i had taken the bonus i had to make 25 Times that amount before i could wihdraw anything!.. STAY AWAY !!!
  • Shelleybear0
    Options
    Many thanks to those who replied. Le loup your cynicism is commendable ��. I am however genuine and posted on here as I was concerned my husband was showing interest in this algorithm ( he suffers with the del boy gene). Reaper thankyou for your extensive post and Sy67 thankyou for sharing your experience hopefully it will serve as a deterrent. I hope you weren't too much out of pocket.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure