Taking car on PCP abroad

Options
Hoping someone can help:

I've got a car on monthly PCP payments. I am in possession of the V5.
I need to be abroad in Europe for 6 months for work and would like to take the car - the T&Cs of contract say max 30 days abroad allowed. I will of course ask them if they can extend, but, in the case they refuse, am wondering if there's any way they would know if I did just take it to Europe for a few months?
I'm up to date with payments and have no intention of not paying them by DD while abroad as per usual.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hoping someone can help:

I've got a car on monthly PCP payments. I am in possession of the V5.
    I need to be abroad in Europe for 6 months for work and would like to take the car - the T&Cs of contract say max 30 days abroad allowed. I will of course ask them if they can extend, but, in the case they refuse, am wondering if there's any way they would know if I did just take it to Europe for a few months?
    I'm up to date with payments and have no intention of not paying them by DD while abroad as per usual.
    Thanks in advance.

I had a similar situation but on a lease rather than PCP - spoke to leasing company (who were also the manufacturer) and as long as it was insured (via a UK policy)and serviced they were OK for the 8 months I was abroad

Biggest issue was on insurance where the best I could do was 6 months - ended up booking a dummy Calais-Dover-Calais crossing for £50 in case of any queries

Whilst PCP company might not know you've taken it for longer than the max period the letter they provide to give you permission will show the dates which may cause an issue of you're stopped abroad
  • precise1234
    Options
    Many thanks, k3lvc,
    Will see what the finance people say (which is also the manufacturer) and hope they allow 8 months or at least more than just one!

Insurance - yes, bit of a prob, but what with us all being in 'Europe' now, I'd hope it's become easier...
    Fingers crossed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport