handtec awful returns policy help me

Options
Hi

I bought a £300 Sony Z Ultra phone in June 2014 off an online company called Handtec. The screen went blank in December 2014 so sent it back to Handtec in the original box which has the IMEI number on it for repair as sony has a 12 month warranty. After 2 months I now have the broken phone back with me as they would not replace it or get it repaired. Shockingly bad returns policy. AVOID HANDTEC AT ALL COSTS. right now onto trust pilot and all the other review sites :(

Any help on getting my money back would be gladly appreciated. Meanwhile i will continue to fight this madness via the ombudsman and by writing to a few of the nationals.

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Well the obvious question is WHY they won't repair? What have they said is wrong with it?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

I bought a £300 Sony Z Ultra phone in June 2014 off an online company called Handtec. The screen went blank in December 2014 so sent it back to Handtec in the original box which has the IMEI number on it for repair as sony has a 12 month warranty. After 2 months I now have the broken phone back with me as they would not replace it or get it repaired. Shockingly bad returns policy. AVOID HANDTEC AT ALL COSTS. right now onto trust pilot and all the other review sites :(

Any help on getting my money back would be gladly appreciated. Meanwhile i will continue to fight this madness via the ombudsman and by writing to a few of the nationals.
    You need to be a bit more precise with dates.

Up to six months after the sale it is for the seller to prove that the goods were not defective at the time of sale.
    After six months it is for you, the buyer, to prove that the goods were defective at the time of sale, i.e. the problem is due to an inherent fault.

As above... please state why Handtec won't repair or replace the thing.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If Sony are offering the 12 month warranty on the phone, have you tried contacting Sony to see if they will fix it?
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    If the have used a 3rd party to get the phone and or contract then they will need to contact handtec first.

I used affordable mobiles to get a phone and contract, within a few weeks the phone died, took affordable weeks to pull their finger out, and so when i got the phone back and within 2 weeks it went again i asked if i could go direct to sony, they said yes i was just cutting out the middle man, phone went back for the 3rd time, got a 4th just about to be signed off and died at sony, so now on my 5th, least i know the cause I have a sony xperia z and updating via the pc kills it, not bothered since, been a year trouble free
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills