IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help please after incorrect 1st appeal

Options
gypsycob
gypsycob Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 23 February 2015 at 4:52PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi, I parked my car in Trevithick Road car park, Cornwall in January to look around Camborne town centre.

I am new to the area and when I got out of my car I couldn’t see where I had to go to pay. I looked around for signs and ended up inadvertently purchasing a ticket from a machine in an adjacent carpark which I later found out isn't part of Trevithick car park.

A PCN was issued by Armtrac within 5 minutes of me leaving my car.

As my car is leased, I was worried that the PCN would be sent to the lease company so I immediately appealed to Armtrac by email and unfortunately have identified myself as the driver.

I explained that I hadn’t been able to see the pay machine and had purchased a ticket but from the wrong machine in error.

The appeal rejection email from Armtrac included several photos of the warning signs, my car parked and also a ridiculous yellow ‘Pay Here’ sign which is suspended from an Argos shop overhang, points down to the pavement and shows no indication that it relates to the parking pay machine that is actually located on the shop wall around the corner and cannot be seen from where I’d parked.

The email from Armtrac is very lengthy and offers an appeal to POPLA.

Having now read the Newbies thread too late, I’m unsure how to word my appeal to POPLA as Armtrac do have warning signs but not adequate signs to show where the pay machine is located.

Please can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just find a suitable PoPLA appeal by reading the Newbies thread, and adjust it to suit.

Say whatever you like about inadequate signage. Remove anything about PoFA 2012 and the registered keeper, which is irrelevant now you have outed yourself as driver. Leave everything else in. "Not a GPEOL" is the point that will win.

Check the PoPLA code here to find out what date you must submit your appeal by:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/popla-code-checker/

Armtrac has a sneaky habit of sending its rejections late to try to fool you into missing the PoPLA deadline.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    make sure you use the ENTER KEY (new line) more often in this appeal you are drafting, as your opening post is appalling due to the lack of using it, almost illegible to me,

so make sure your popla appeal has more white space, make it easy for the assessor ;)
  • explorer007
    Options
    Hi, how did this case pan out - my wife has just done the same thing - signs are not clear
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    this thread is nearly 20 months old the original OP has not been back despite two posts to help ....

you would be better starting off again by reading the newbies thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

even if they now replied , things have moved on in the murky world of parking on private land :eek:

so please read up then start a new thread of your own ......

oh and ... if you are using a mobile to browse ... then a PC / laptop may make things easier /...

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • explorer007
    Options
    Hi, Thanks - I have started a new thread "PCN for the wrong ticket" which sets out what happened.

I suspect it may be signage that we need to go after, it is Amtrac in Cornwall as well who seem to have "form"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure