Scottish Power twin heat tariff

Options
Am keen to switch providers, but have historically had the Twinheat B tariff with SP, which means our Economy 7 comes on between 3.30 & 7.30 and then 13.30 & 16.30. We have storage heaters & also use the washing machine/dishwasher during these periods, so it's very useful. Cannot find any other supplier who offers this. Does anyone know of another supplier or are we better just to jump and forget the Twinheat?

Comments

• Me_n_Him
    Options
    I am also with SP on a similar tariff - Twin Heat A and want to change provider. I don't have the benefit of dual fuel tariffs either. For some reason SP tell me they cannot issue a TCR (Tariff Comparison Rate) for this kind of account. I agree that the economy rate is useful for washing, drying etc. and would appreciate any information.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    You are unlikely ever to find an alternative cheaper supplier, or even to find a comparison. There's almost no national demand for this ToU tariff and hence no comparison. Twinheat A & B / E10 / and many other named tariff's and are often paired with 'exotic' meters are only about 10% of the whole UK market whereas E7 is about 66% of the UK, E7 does however have a market share and consequently competition between suppliers. Your stark choice is continue with 10 rather than 7 [E7] hours of cheaper rate electricity or stay with your extra 2 hours [E10] and pay whatever the supplier demands. Best of luck.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Me_n_Him wrote: »
    I am also with SP on a similar tariff - Twin Heat A and want to change provider. I don't have the benefit of dual fuel tariffs either. For some reason SP tell me they cannot issue a TCR (Tariff Comparison Rate) for this kind of account. I agree that the economy rate is useful for washing, drying etc. and would appreciate any information.

It is not currently possible for any supplier to calculate any TCR for any 'time of use' tariff, including, for example, E7. That's because any such calculated figure would vary depending on how much energy is used at the differing prices.

No other supplier will support your current tariff - SP do because they are forced to as the legacy supplier.

If you are interested in how much you care currently saving, why not compare your current annual cost to that of say the cheapest single rate tariff available to you in your region - just use the total annual consumption in kWh.
    (If you do decide to change tariff or even supplier, you will need a new meter first from SP, ... and that may itself need some electrical changes in your home. Consult a qualified electician if you want to pursue this further.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure