Royal Mail Complaint (Theft)

Options
Can anyone advise how I can take complaints against Royal Mail further when I am not happy with their response?

I have been complaining about my mail being opened and tampered with since May 2013. I've contacted the Chief Executive, complained via the form on the website and escalated it to their own customer resolution team.

Today I received an opened package with the USB it contained missing. It has clearly been stolen and I have been putting up with my mail being tampered with by people looking for things of interest for too long.

Each time I've complained I've been told the sorting office manager will monitor my mail, or look into it. I can only conclude that the sorting office manager could not care less as he is ignoring the fact that he has one or more thieves working in his team.

I understand this is something that if difficult to police but I feel as if my concerns are not being taken as seriously as they should do. Today is the absolute last straw.

Is there an industry body or ombudsman sort of service that I could escalate this with?

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can anyone advise how I can take complaints against Royal Mail further when I am not happy with their response?

I have been complaining about my mail being opened and tampered with since May 2013. I've contacted the Chief Executive, complained via the form on the website and escalated it to their own customer resolution team.

Today I received an opened package with the USB it contained missing. It has clearly been stolen and I have been putting up with my mail being tampered with by people looking for things of interest for too long.

Each time I've complained I've been told the sorting office manager will monitor my mail, or look into it. I can only conclude that the sorting office manager could not care less as he is ignoring the fact that he has one or more thieves working in his team.

I understand this is something that if difficult to police but I feel as if my concerns are not being taken as seriously as they should do. Today is the absolute last straw.

Is there an industry body or ombudsman sort of service that I could escalate this with?
    All the information you need is here:
  • Hedgehog99
    Hedgehog99 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Since you have enough evidence, dating back to last year, and have tried to resolve the problem through RM's channels, I think you would be perfectly justified in going to the police. It seems like RM's protocols have either not been followed or do not work.

I had a friend whose mail went through a dodgy sorting office and all sorts of things went AWOL. In the end, she asked people not to send her anything, but that's not really an answer, is it!

Have you had things delivered successfully to your workplace? Depends how local the problem is as to when your domestic and work post take different routes. That might help them narrow down where the problem occurs.
  • purplestar133
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    All the information you need is here:

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't see that. I think I am just so angry with it today, I am panic typing!
    Hedgehog99 wrote: »
    Since you have enough evidence, dating back to last year, and have tried to resolve the problem through RM's channels, I think you would be perfectly justified in going to the police. It seems like RM's protocols have either not been followed or do not work.

I had a friend whose mail went through a dodgy sorting office and all sorts of things went AWOL. In the end, she asked people not to send her anything, but that's not really an answer, is it!

Have you had things delivered successfully to your workplace? Depends how local the problem is as to when your domestic and work post take different routes. That might help them narrow down where the problem occurs.

I have had no problems getting things sent to my workplace. Like your friend, I am now going to ask people to send things there. I have spoken to other people in the same city as me and they haven't had any problems.

Thinking about the Police and proof... I'm not sure how much proof I've got. I've got photos of the damaged items and a history of complaints and I can think logically about my post coming from all over the country, the thing each letter has in common is it comes through my local sorting office, but I don't think that would be enough for them.

Interestingly, what looks like the same USB stick has turned up on Ebay sold by someone selling a load of stamps in a location that is on the route from London (where it came from) to my city. Probably being paranoid but still...

If it was taken there at least I know it's not my local sorting office again...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure