Can't access internet - netintelligence status code -1

Options
wazza
wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
Last week after windows update son's Samsung laptop kept going in a loop after the welcome screen. After trying restore on F10 it did not solve the problem. Gave up that day.

Yesterday decided to try again. The laptop went straight to login screen. Unfortunately is was as I got it, original state. Found the original password and logged on. It seems the laptop restored to original settings.

Went through and did the windows update succesfully. Microsoft essential installed. Then went on a google website. A message came up saying leave webpage open for 20mins so netintelligence can download settings. Status code -1. I logged onto netintelligence account. Waited few hours no success.

Decided to unistall netintelligence but an error statement came up saying cannot find uninstall software.

what can I do. Rang the xma helpline which took me to comets helpline which is now closed.

Just want access to internet
Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D

Comments

• esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You should be able to prevent NetIntelligence from running by deleting the relevant registry entries in the following keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

Alternatively, the step-by-step guide here shows you how to use a program called AutoRuns (from Microsoft) to remove the relevant values from those keys:

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Netintelligence-Without-a-Password
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update - rang the support line. They no longer support the product.

Did another restore from recovery partition this time it allowed me to uninstall netintelligence.
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure